| Calendar | ATV/UTV Forums | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATV Bone
Machine Reviews
Press Releases
Product Reviews

» Arctic Cat

» ATK/Cannondale

» Can-Am

» E-Ton America

» Honda

» Kasea

» Kawasaki


» Polaris

» Suzuki

» Yamaha

ATV Clubs
Classified Ads


Yorkley Racing

The Loretta Lynns GNCC ATV Race Report
Hurricane Mills, Tennessee, April 24, 2010

National Guard Polaris Yokley Racing ATV Team rider Jarrod McClure completed only one lap and finished 123rd overall and 15th in the XC1 Pro ATV Class today in Round 5 of the 2010 GNCC Series after submerging his machine in high water.  There were 162 total entries with 15 XC1 Pro Riders.


The GNCC at Loretta Lynns is the oldest and longest running event on the schedule.  This historic race course offers lots of hills, water crossings and rough terrain.  Unfortunately, heavy rain all through Friday night and Saturday morning made for miserable conditions.  There was mud and standing water everywhere.  The bike was prepped the best it could be for running in lots of water and mud.

Jarrod got a good start and was running in 5th position through the first few turns.  The first few bikes jammed up in a rut, and Jarrod tried to take a different rut around the outside of them.  He clipped Adam McGill’s tire, and flipped over in a deep water hole.  The ATV was upside down with just the wheels sticking out of the water.  He quickly righted the machine, and fortunately it fired up!  His goggles were covered in mud and water, and basically useless; and his gloves were covered in mud.  Not the way you want to start a 2-hour race!

The Polaris Outlaw was running, but the throttle was sticking, and the engine was misfiring.  He continued on, and did manage to pass 5 riders, completing lap 1 in 10th position.  He stopped in the pit area, the crew tried to correct the sticking throttle problem and the engine misfire.  They found that the carburetor had mud and water inside, causing the slide to stick.  The airbox was also full of muddy water and the engine had been damaged.  There was really no way to keep things dry when the machine was submerged like it was.  Jarrod was lucky to make it back to the pits.  Unfortunately, that was all she wrote, and he had to retire from the event.  This was a real bummer, as the machine was handling well and the Kenda tires were hooking up great in the slick, muddy conditions.

The team remains very optimistic for the next event in Yadkinville, NC.  Hopefully, it will not have so much water!  See you there!

Share This Talk About This In Our Forums