ATV Source.com | Calendar | ATV/UTV Reviews | ATV/UTV News | ATV/UTV Product Reviews | ATV/UTV Racing | ATV/UTV Trails | ATV/UTV Videos

ATVSource.com Social Community Forums

ATVSource.com is a social community site based on the needs of ATV/UTV fans alike.
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 90 eton starting problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:05 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

2000 dxl 90 - quit running - I've had the carb apart several times,
at first it was flooding - but I think that is fixed - automatic choke?????
I don't know how it works or is suppose to work. I put 12 volts to it while off of the carburetor and nothing happens - nothing moves - is something suppose to move? I can't get the atv to strart - I am getting fire at plug. Also, I check the wires with the key on that go to the auto choke with a test light and I get nothing? I have also tried starting it with choke unwired, but it still will not start, also choking with hand over carb, still no start. Any ideas???

ADVERTISEMENT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:27 am 
ATVing Obsessed Member

Do youself a favor and buy a 20mm Keihin. That electric choke gave me fits. Mine's a whole lot easier to start now.

Make sure all the gas is drained from the engine. You might try spraying a little chain lube in the intake side of the carb. Also, be sure to put the filter back on. Mine wouldn't hardly start or idle without it.

ps - you might clean or change your plug too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:34 am 
Still on the Trailer Member

Where can I order a carb from? Website info? 20mm Keihin - is that all I need to know to order? Throttle cable still work? Manual choke?
Thank you for the input - I worked on it again last night. Nothing.
The Auto choke still will not move when I put 12 volts on it. Float is fine, needle is seating but when I leave the gas on it eventually starts leaking gas on the ground. Would the choke have anything to do with that or do I have a carb problem. Also tried pouring a little has in carb with fuel shut off after a fresh cleaning- good spark - still wouldn't start. My son has always left the fuel shut-off ON - and it has always started. Not now though.
P.S. YOu made the comment - Make sure all the gas is drained from the engine - How do I do that? Pull plug and turn over engine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:59 am 
ATVing Obsessed Member

I thought you were toomstone? :?:

Anyway, you would need the carb, throttle cable, filter and a handful of main jets. I believe the carb has to be machined to fit you intake, but a lot of guys can help you. Try WRH or Hetrick.

Although, I'm afraid WRH may be gone a few days because of mean old Ivan.

ps- you'll need to get rid of the oil injection too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:25 am 
ATV Junkie

You can either get a carb with a machined inner side, or get a stock carb and an upgraded intake manifold that will accept the larger carb. Like Samson said, you'll also need a throttle cable and a air filter and to disable teh oil injection.

Check with Billy Holt at http://www.WRHRacing.com and he can set you up.

Bryce