The Sportrax 300EX is a superb blend
of sporting four-stroke performance and value unmatched
by the competition.
Features & Benefits
New for 2001
• Team Honda-inspired graphics.
• Dependable 282cc SOHC four-stroke engine produces
impressive power over a broad range.
• Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration
for smooth running.
• Maintenance-free automatic cam chain tensioner.
• Reliable maintenance-free CD ignition with electronic
• Convenient electric starter helps make starting
• Snorkel-type air intake is positioned high in
the chassis for reduced water/dirt contamination.
• Close-ratio five-speed transmission offers a gear
for every situation.
• Simple-to-use reverse gear allows easy maneuvering
in tight spaces.
• Specially designed 32mm carburetor with accelerator
pump offers excellent fuel economy and crisp throttle
• USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet
operation and maximum power.
• Box-section high-tensile steel frame offers strength,
rigidity, and light weight.
• Long-travel, double-wishbone independent front
suspension features five-position spring preload
• Heavy-duty hydraulic single-shock rear suspension
offers five-position spring preload adjustability.
• Strong, lightweight box-section swingarm utilizes
an easy-to-use eccentric chain-adjustment system.
• Durable and lightweight heavy-duty O-ring-sealed
• Specially designed knobby tires offer superb grip
and long life.
• Triple hydraulic disc brakes.
• Rear caliper brake-pad wear indicator.
• Ergonomically designed riding position offers
a high level of comfort.
• Powerful 60/55-watt halogen headlight.
• Comfortable dogleg levers with cable adjusters
and dust cover.
• Attractive handlebar cover.
• Washable, two-stage foam air filter.
• Multi-function handlebar-mounted switch assembly
is easy to use.
• Convenient helmet holder.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
• Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels
use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
• Maintenance-free battery.
• Tough steel front skidplate.
• Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty.
• Flag kit.
• Nite lite.
• ATV cover.
• Work stand.
Engine Type: 282cc air-cooled SOHC single-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 74mm x 65.5mm
Carburetion: 32mm piston-valve with accelerator
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic
Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: Double-wishbone; dual hydraulic shocks; five-position
spring preload adjustability; 6.7 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; five-position spring
preload adjustability; 7.9 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
Length: 67.7 inches
Width: 43.5 inches
Height: 42.7 inches
Seat Height: 30.3 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.9 inches
Wheelbase: 45.3 inches
Turning Radius: 10.2 feet
Dry Weight: 377.0 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.2 gallons, including 0.5-gallon
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age