The Honda FourTrax Rancher is the
most versatile full-sized 2WD ATV you can buy--designed
for the rider who demands Honda's legendary performance,
proven durability and superb value.
Features & Benefits
• Powerful, rugged, OHV air-cooled 329cc engine
is longitudinally mounted to permit direct drive-shaft
alignment to rear wheels for maximum drivetrain
• Unique dry-sump oiling system places the oil tank
inside the engine cases, lowering engine height
and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent
ground clearance and superb handling.
• Standard oil cooler assures optimal engine lubrication
under difficult operating conditions.
• Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against
engine oil contamination.
• Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional
9.7 inches of ground clearance.
• Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt,
10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
• Overhead-valve design provides compact engine
dimensions for exceptional ground clearance while
maintaining a broad, easy-to-use power band.
• Internal crankcase dry-sump oiling system reduces
overall engine height and center of gravity while
maintaining ideal mass centralization for optimum
• Integral electric carburetor heater system improves
driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold
• Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven
counterbalancer reduce vibration.
• Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low engagement
point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
• Five-speed transmission with reverse includes
an ultra-low first gear.
• Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil
starter and an automatic internal decompression
• High-flow oil cooler helps control engine temperatures.
• Stainless steel exhaust header and muffler for
superior corrosion resistance.
• DC CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent
performance and reliability.
• Powerful, 245-watt AC generator.
• Reusable foam air filter.
• Steering mechanism design features light effort
and a tight turning radius of 8.5
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses
premium shock absorbers to provide 5.9 inches of
suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
• Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber
provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for superb
comfort and compliance.
• Tough, large-diameter
24 x 8-12 front, 25 x 11-10 rear tires provide added
ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
• Triple-sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and
sealed mechanical rear drum.
• Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
• Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
• Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads
of 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
• Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity
of 850 pounds.
• Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.4-gallon
• Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
• Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed
for water crossings.
• Uniquely designed floorboards, a Honda first,
allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while
keeping mud and debris off of the rider's feet.
• Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows
access when rack is loaded.
• Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features
multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
• USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
• Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free
• Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
• Keyed ignition switch for added security.
• Triple skidplates.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
• Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels
use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
• Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
• G.V.W.R. is 985 pounds.
• Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty.
• Flag kit.
• Work stand.
Engine Type: 329cc air-cooled OHV dry-sump
Bore and Stroke: 78.5mm x 68mm
Carburetion: 32mm CV
Ignition: DC CDI
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: Five-speed with reverse and
ultra-low first gear
Driveline: Direct rear drive-shaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.9 inches
Front: Triple sealed hydraulic drum
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 24 x 8-12
Rear: 25 x 11-10
Length: 78.1 inches
Width: 45.0 inches
Height: 44.1 inches
Seat Height: 32.0 inches
Ground Clearance: 9.7 inches
Wheelbase: 49.3 inches
Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
Dry Weight: 498 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons, including 0.8-gallon
Colors: Red, Orange, Olive