The Recon is simply the best mid-size ATV you
can buy--just ask Dirt Wheels and ATV 4 Wheel Action
Features & Benefits
• Lightweight, OHV, air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally
mounted to allow direct drive-shaft alignment to
rear wheels for fewer frictional losses.
• 22mm carburetor with light throttle control offers
good engine response and excellent fuel economy.
• Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use
powerband and compact engine dimensions, with a
light weight of 77.6 pounds.
• Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against
engine oil contamination.
• Rubber-cushion engine mounting reduces vibration.
• USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed
of stainless steel.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance.
• Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil
• Wet sump with 1.6-quart capacity.
• CD ignition system with electronic advance features
an rpm limiter for added durability.
• Five-speed transmission with reverse and automatic
• Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
• Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly
from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension gives
5.1 inches of travel.
• Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber
give 4.9 inches of travel.
• Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed
mechanical rear drum.
• Tires feature aggressive tread patterns for excellent
• Ergonomically designed seating and control layouts
provide a comfortable operating position for a wide
range of rider sizes.
• Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads
of 33 and 66 pounds respectively.
• Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 2.4-gallon
• Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed
for water crossings.
• Storage compartment has 6.2-liter capacity.
• Dual-headlight system with 30-watt lights.
• Maintenance-free battery.
• Powerful, 130-watt AC generator.
• Reusable foam air filter.
• Neutral and reverse lights.
• Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
• Keyed ignition switch for added security.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
• G.V.W.R. is 800 pounds.
• Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty.
• Flag kit.
• Work stand.
• Trailer hitch.
Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally
Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
Carburetion: 22mm piston-valve
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
Front: Double-wishbone; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 4.9 inches travel
Front: Dual sealed
Rear: Sealed drum
Front: 22 x 7-11
Rear: 22 x 10-9
Length: 70.6 inches
Width: 40.7 inches
Height: 41.5 inches
Seat Height: 30.6 inches
Ground Clearance: 6.0 inches
Wheelbase: 44.5 inches
Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
Dry Weight: 397 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gallons, including 0.6-gallon
Colors: Red, Olive, Beige
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.