The 2002 Honda Sportrax(tm) 250EX--a sporty,
fun-to-ride ATV with surprising performance that's
ideal for recreational riding.
Features & Benefits
New for 2002
• Honda Racing-inspired graphics.
• New Yellow color.
• Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is
longitudinally mounted to allow direct drive-shaft
alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power
• Two-valve cylinder head design features performance-optimized
valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and
a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve to produce a broad,
• 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort offers
immediate engine response.
• A unique buffer plate in the carburetor float
chamber helps maintain consistent fuel flow when
riding across varied terrain.
• Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance
and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
• Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against
engine oil contamination.
• Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
• Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance.
• High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the 2-quart
capacity wet sump, providing lower operating temperature
over a wide range of riding conditions for maximum
performance and increased engine life.
• 123-watt capacity alternator ensures abundant
• Convenient electric starter.
• Five-speed transmission features sport riding
ratios, reverse and an automatic clutch for easy-to-shift
• Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly
from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient
• Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis is
designed to withstand the demands of recreational
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides
an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel.
• Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber
provide 5.7 inches.
• Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and fully
sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide superb
and consistent braking power.
• 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires feature
an aggressive, TRX400EX-derived knobby tread pattern
for excellent traction.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight
for superb handling.
• Engine design produces low emissions and meets
California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions
• Aggressive Sportrax body style like Honda's high-performance
• Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational riding,
providing superb comfort and excellent rider maneuverability.
• Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide a
comfortable operating position for a wide range
of riding styles and rider sizes.
• Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 2.7-gallon
• The TRX250EX weighs a feathery 349 pounds.
• Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed
to provide cool, clean air in all riding.
• Single-headlight system features a twin-filament
high/low 35W/35W bulb.
• Maintenance-free battery.
• Reusable, washable foam air filter.
• Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
• Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and foot
• Keyed ignition switch for added security.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
• Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty.
• Flag kit.
• Work stand.
Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally
mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
Carburetion: 22mm piston-valve
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
Driveline: Direct rear drive-shaft
Front: Double-wishbone; 5.9 inches
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Sealed drum
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
Length: 68.3 inches
Width: 41.8 inches
Height: 42.2 inches
Seat Height: 31.3 inches
Ground Clearance: 5.9 inches
Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
Dry Weight: 349 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.7 gallons, including 0.7-gallon
Colors: Red, Yellow
RECOMMENDED FOR EXPERIENCED
RIDERS 16 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER.