The new Foreman ES/S feature TraxLok-Honda's
first switch-operated 2WD/4WD system-and a torque-sensitive,
limited-slip front differential proven on the Rancher(tm)
and Foreman Rubicon(r). These technologies, along
with ESP (Electric Shift Program) on the Foreman
ES showcase Honda's legendary performance, technology
and durability with unmatched ease of operation.
Features & Benefits
• TraxLok(tm) enables the rider to shift between
2WD and 4WD with the simple push of a switch. Quiet
operation and smooth engagement are key features
of the system.
• Torque-sensitive, limited-slip front differential
reduces torque steer for less steering effort.
• TraxLok is easily engaged by pushing a switch
on the right handlebar. An electromagnetic mechanical
clutch unit (EMCU) located on the center of the
propeller shaft engages 4WD with a quiet two-way
roller clutch. Unlike mechanical designs, TraxLok
ensures smooth operation by employing a magnetic
switching mechanism that engages when front and
rear wheel speeds vary by less than 6 miles per
• ES model features ESP(tm) (Electric Shift Program)
for push-button upshifting and downshifting. The
rider shifts simply and precisely with the press
of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the
left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module
(ECM) monitors information from four sensors-engine
rpm, countershaft speed, shift drum angle, and shift
spindle angle-to control the speed of the electric
shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear engagement
speed varies according to rider style: The transmission
shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty.
A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures
available engine braking when descending hills.
To ensure smooth shifting, the transmission cannot
be shifted from neutral to first gear or reverse
gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not
battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine
is running. Should the rider ever need to shift
manually, the Foreman(r) ES is also equipped with
an auxiliary shift arm in the tool kit.
• Powerful, rugged, OHV air-cooled 433cc engine
is longitudinally mounted for improved drivetrain
• Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use
powerband and compact engine dimensions.
• Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven
counterbalancer reduce vibration.
• Integral electric carburetor-heater system improves
driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold
• Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed
for water crossings.
• Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against
engine oil contamination.
• USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed
of stainless steel.
• Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low,
1750-rpm engagement point for excellent driveability
and towing capacity.
• Five-speed transmission with reverse includes
an ultra-low first gear on S model.
• Maintenance-free shaft drive with limited-slip
front differential routes power directly from the
longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient
• Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil
starter and an internal automatic decompression
• Wet sump with large, 3-quart capacity.
• High-flow oil cooler with cooling fan helps control
• DC CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent
performance and reliability.
• Powerful, 326-watt AC generator.
• Reusable foam air filter.
• Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional
7.7 inches of ground clearance.
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses
Showa shock absorbers to give 5.9 inches of travel.
• Steel swingarm and dual Showa rear shock absorbers
give 5.9 inches of travel.
• Rugged, large-diameter, 25 x 8-12 front, 25 x
10-12 rear tires provide added ground clearance
while maintaining precise handling.
• Tires designed for the Foreman ES/S provide excellent
traction and durability.
• Steering mechanism design features light effort
and a tight turning radius of 11.5 feet.
• Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed
mechanical rear drum.
• Engine design produces low emissions and meets
California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions
• Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads
of 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
• Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity
of 850 pounds.
• Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.2-gallon
• Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
• Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows
access when rack is loaded.
• Triple-headlight system with single 45-watt upper
light and dual 25-watt lower lights.
• Multi-function LCD digital meter is compact,
tough and waterproof, featuring
large readouts for gear position, 4WD indicator,
speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, and hourmeter/clock.
Meter housing includes LED lights for reverse, neutral,
and oil temperature warning indicators.
• Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt,
10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
• Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider's
feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and
debris away from the rider's feet.
• Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
• Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
• Large mud flaps keep dirt and debris off of the
• Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent
damage to boot covers.
• Maintenance-free battery.
• Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
• Keyed ignition switch for added security.
• Triple skidplates.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
• Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels
use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
• Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
• G.V.W.R. is 1102 pounds TRX450FE / 1089 pounds
• Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty.
• Flag kit.
TRX450FE (with ESP) / TRX450FM
Engine Type: 433cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally
mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 90mm x 68mm
Carburetion: 32mm CV
Ignition: DC CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: ESP five-speed with reverse
/ Five-speed with reverse
Driveline: Direct front and rear drive-shafts
with TraxLok and limited-slip front differential
Suspension Front: Independent double-wishbone;
5.9 inches travel
Suspension Rear: Swingarm with dual shocks;
5.9 inches travel
Brakes Front: Dual sealed hydraulic drum
Brakes Rear: Sealed drum
Tires Front: 25 x 8-12
Tires Rear: 25 x 10-12
Length: 77.3 inches
Width: 45.3 inches
Height: 45.0 inches
Seat Height: 33.6 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.7 inches
Wheelbase: 50.2 inches
Turning Radius: 11.5 feet
Dry Weight: 595 pounds / 582 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.2 gallons, including 0.7-gallon
Colors: Olive, Yellow, Red
Recommended for riders 16 years
of age and older.