Rancher 4x4 ES/FourTrax Rancher 4x4
The Honda FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES with Honda's
revolutionary Electric Shift Program (ESP) and Honda
FourTrax Rancher 4x4 are full-sized 4WD ATVs--designed
for the rider who demands Honda's legendary innovation,
proven 4WD durability and unparalleled performance.
Features & Benefits
• ES model features ESP(r)(Electric Shift Program)
features push-button upshifting and downshifting.
The rider shifts simply and precisely with the press
of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the
left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module
(ECM) monitors information from four sensors-engine
rpm, countershaft speed, gear position, and shift
spindle angle-to control the speed of the electric
shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear engagement
speed varies according to rider style: The transmission
shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty.
A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures
available engine braking when descending hills.
To ensure smooth shifting, the transmission cannot
be shifted from neutral to first gear or reverse
gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not
battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine
is running. Should the rider ever need to shift
manually, the Rancher(tm) ES is also equipped with
an auxiliary shift lever in the tool kit.
• Torque-sensitive, limited-slip front differential
reduces torque steer for less steering effort.
• Powerful, rugged OHV air-cooled 329cc longitudinally
mounted engine allows direct drive-shaft alignment
to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain
• Unique dry-sump oiling system places the oil tank
inside the engine cases, lowering engine height
and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent
ground clearance and superb handling.
• Standard oil cooler with cooling fan assures optimal
engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions.
• Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against
engine oil contamination.
• Overhead-valve design provides compact engine
dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining
a broad, easy-to-use power band.
• Integral electric carburetor heater system improves
driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold
• Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven
counterbalancer reduce vibration.
• Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low engagement
point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
• Five-speed transmission with reverse includes
an ultra-low first gear.
• Full-time four-wheel-drive with torque-sensitive,
limited-slip front differential for reduced steering
• Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil
starter and an automatic internal decompression
• Stainless steel exhaust header and muffler for
superior corrosion resistance.
• DC CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent
performance and reliability.
• Powerful, 245-watt AC generator.
• Reusable foam air filter.
• Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional
9.7 inches of ground clearance.
• Steering mechanism design features light effort
and a tight turning radius of 10.8 feet.
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses
premium shock absorbers to provide 5.9 inches of
suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
• Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber
provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for superb
comfort and compliance.
• Tough, large-diameter,
24 x 8-12 front, 24 x 9-11 rear tires provide excellent
ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
• Triple-sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and
sealed mechanical rear drum.
• Engine design produces low emissions and meets
California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions
• ES model has multi-function LCD digital instrumentation
that is compact,
toughand waterproof, featuring
large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer,
resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument
housing includes LED lights for reverse, neutral
and oil temperature warning indicators.
• Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt,
10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
• Large cargo racks front and rear carry payloads
of 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
• Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity
of 850 pounds.
• Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.4-gallon
• Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
• Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed
for water crossings.
• ES version features uniquely designed floorboards,
a Honda first, allow the rider's feet to grip the
footrests while keeping mud and debris away from
the rider's feet.
• Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows
access when rack is loaded.
• Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
• Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
• Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features
multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
• USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
• Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help prevent
damage to boot covers.
tough12 amp-hour maintenance-free
• Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
• Keyed ignition switch for added security.
• Triple skidplates.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
• Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels
use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
• Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
• G.V.W.R. is 1045 pounds TRX350FE / 1034 pounds
• Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty.
• Flag kit.
• Cooling fan kit.
TRX350FE (with ESP) / TRX350FM
Engine Type: 329cc air-cooled OHV dry-sump
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 78.5mm x 68mm
Carburetion: 32mm CV
Ignition: DC CDI
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: ESP five-speed with reverse
/ Five-speed with reverse
Driveline: Direct front and rear drive-shafts
with limited-slip front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone;
5.9 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.9
Front: Triple-sealed hydraulic drum
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 24 x 8-12
Rear: 24 x 9-11
Length: 78.1 inches
Width: 45.0 inches
Height: 44.3 inches
Seat Height: 32.4 inches
Ground Clearance: 9.7 inches
Wheelbase: 49.1 inches
Turning Radius: 10.8 feet
Dry Weight: 535 pounds / 524 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons, including 0.8-gallon
Colors: Red, Orange, Olive