The 2003 Foreman features the big-time power
and torque of a 395cc engine, making it the value
leader of heavy-duty 4WD ATV machines.
Features & Benefits
- Powerful, compact OHV air-cooled 395cc engine
is longitudinally mounted to allow direct drive-shaft
alignment to both front and rear wheels for
reduced frictional losses.
- Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use
powerband and compact engine dimensions, with
light weight of 111 pounds.
- Dust-resistant air intake system.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven
counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a
low, 1750-rpm engagement point for excellent
driveability and towing capacity.
- Five-speed transmission with reverse includes
an ultra-low first gear.
- Full-time four-wheel-drive.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary
recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression
- Wet sump with large, 3-quart capacity.
- High-flow oil cooler with cooling fan helps
control engine temperatures.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for
good performance and reliability.
- Powerful, 310-watt AC generator.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is
constructed of stainless steel.
yet rugged D-channel twin-spar design forms
the two main frame members, with steel double-cradle
lower frame tubes.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with limited-slip
front differential routes power directly from
the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension
uses Showa shock absorbers to give 4.3 inches
- Steel swingarm and dual Showa rear shock
absorbers give 4.3 inches of travel.
- Steering mechanism design features light
effort and a tight turning radius of 11.5 feet.
- Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes
and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud
- Tires designed especially for the Foreman(r)
feature aggressive tread patterns for excellent
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Multi-function speedometer/hourmeter features
tripmeter and enhanced low-speed monitor function.
The first two-thirds of the 180-degree needle-sweep
registers speeds from 0-15 mph in 1-mph increments,
to allow precise monitoring of vehicle speed
for effective application of liquid and solid
materials from spraying and spreading equipment.
The remaining one-third of the sweep measures
speed up to an indicated 45 mph. The hourmeter
function helps to monitor use for maintenance
and other record-keeping functions.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads
of 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity
of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment
allows access when rack is loaded.
- Triple-headlight system with single 45-watt
upper light and dual 25-watt lower lights.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help
prevent damage to boot covers.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Neutral, reverse and oil temperature lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Standard-equipment mud flaps.
- Triple skidplates.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning
labels use internationally approved ISO graphic
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Handlebar-mounted choke lever.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure
- G.V.W.R. is 1058 pounds.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
Membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm).
Benefits include discounts, travel benefits,
roadside assistance and much more. For HRCA(r)
details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- 12-volt DC connector.
- Flag kit.
- Engine Type: 395cc air-cooled OHV
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 86mm x 68mm
- Carburetion: 32mm piston-valve
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
and ultra-low first gear
- Driveline: Direct front and rear
drive-shafts with limited-slip front differential
- Suspension Front: Independent double-wishbone;
4.3 inches travel
- Suspension Rear: Swingarm with dual
shocks; 4.3 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Dual sealed hydraulic
- Brakes Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
- Tires Front: 24 x 8-11
- Tires Rear: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 76.5 inches
- Width: 45.5 inches
- Height: 43.1 inches
- Seat Height: 30.9 inches
- Ground Clearance: 7.3 inches
- Wheelbase: 48.8 inches
- Turning Radius: 11.5 feet
- Dry Weight: 553.0 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 3.2 gallons, including
- Colors: Red, Olive, Beige
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.