Featuring a broad
powerband, dependable performance and light weight,
the Honda Sportrax 250EX serves as a sporty, fun-to-ride
ATV for recreational riders.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- Team Honda-inspired graphics.
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine
is longitudinally mounted to allow direct drive-shaft
alignment to rear wheels for more efficient
- Two-valve cylinder head design features
performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm
diameter intake valve and a 27mm diameter exhaust
valve to produce a broad, usable powerband.
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort
offers immediate engine response.
- A unique buffer plate in the carburetor
float chamber helps maintain consistent fuel
flow when riding across varied terrain.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic
advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the
2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower operating
temperature over a wide range of riding conditions
for maximum performance and increased engine
- 123-watt capacity alternator ensures abundant
- Convenient electric starter.
- Five-speed transmission features sport riding
ratios, reverse and an automatic clutch for
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power
directly from the longitudinally mounted engine
without inefficient directional changes.
- Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis
is designed to withstand the demands of recreational
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension
provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber
provide 5.7 inches.
- Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and
fully sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide
superb and consistent braking power.
- 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires
feature an aggressive, TRX400EX-derived knobby
tread pattern for excellent traction.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung
weight for superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Aggressive Sportrax(tm) body.
- Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational
riding, providing superb comfort and excellent
- Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide
a comfortable operating position for a wide
range of riding styles and rider sizes.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- The TRX250EX weighs a feathery 349 pounds.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially
designed to provide cool, clean air in all riding.
- Single-headlight system features a twin-filament
high/low 35W/35W bulb.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm)
(HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel
benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport
vehicle while ATV is being transported, one
year complimentary subscription to Honda Red
Rider ATV(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse
Web site (www.hrca.honda.com),
access online to Honda Common Service Manual.
For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
2005 Honda TRX250EX Specifications
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
- Carburetion: 22mm piston-valve
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear drive-shaft
double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
with single shock; 5.7 inches travel
hydraulic 174mm discs
Front: 22 x
Rear: 22 x 10-9
- Length: 68.3 inches
- Width: 41.8 inches
- Height: 42.2 inches
- Seat Height: 31.3 inches
- Ground Clearance: 5.9 inches
- Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
- Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
- Dry Weight: 349 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 2.7 gallons, including
- Colors: Red, Yellow
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.