Sport riders love
the near-perfect blend of impressive power, long-travel
suspension, outstanding value and thoughtful convenience
features that come with the Sportrax 300EX.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- Team Honda-inspired graphics.
- New rear brake light.
- Dependable 282cc SOHC four-stroke engine
produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine
vibration for smooth running.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Reliable, maintenance-free CD ignition with
- Convenient electric starter helps make starting
- Snorkel-type air intake is positioned high
in the chassis for reduced water/dirt contamination.
- Close-ratio five-speed transmission offers
a gear for every situation.
- Simple-to-use reverse gear allows easy maneuvering
in tight spaces.
- Specially designed 32mm carburetor with
accelerator pump offers excellent fuel economy
and crisp throttle response.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers
quiet operation and maximum power.
- Box-section high-tensile steel frame offers
strength, rigidity, and light weight.
- Long-travel, double-wishbone independent
front suspension features five-position spring
- Heavy-duty hydraulic single-shock rear suspension
offers five-position spring preload adjustability.
- Strong, lightweight box-section swingarm
utilizes an easy-to-use eccentric chain-adjustment
- Durable and lightweight heavy-duty O-ring-sealed
- Specially designed knobby tires offer superb
grip and long life.
- Triple hydraulic disc brakes.
- Rear caliper brake-pad wear indicator.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board
(CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Ergonomically designed riding position offers
a high level of comfort.
- Powerful 60/55-watt halogen headlight.
- Comfortable dogleg levers with cable adjusters
and dust cover.
- Attractive handlebar cover.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter.
- Multi-function handlebar-mounted switch
assembly is easy to use.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning
labels use internationally approved ISO graphic
- Maintenance-free battery.
Tough steel front skidplate.
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm)
(HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel
benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport
vehicle while ATV is being transported, one
year complimentary subscription to Honda Red
Rider ATV(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse
Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online
to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details,
2005 Honda TRX300EX Specifications
- Engine Type: 282cc air-cooled SOHC
- Bore and Stroke: 74mm x 65.5mm
- Carburetion: 32mm piston-valve with
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric
- Clutch: Manual
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
double-wishbone with dual hydraulic shocks;
five-position spring preload adjustability;
6.7 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; five-position
spring preload adjustability; 7.9 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Rear: Single hydraulic disc
x 7-10 knobby
Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
- Length: 67.7 inches
- Width: 43.5 inches
- Height: 42.7 inches
- Seat Height: 30.3 inches
- Ground Clearance: 4.9 inches
- Wheelbase: 45.3 inches
- Turning Radius: 10.2 feet
- Dry Weight: 377 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 2.2 gallons, including
- Colors: Red, Yellow
For highly-experienced riders 16 years of age