sport model now features reverse and new, stylish
bodywork for 2005.
New for 2005
- All-new TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
- Five-speed transmission now features reverse.
- Brake light as standard equipment.
- The 397cc RFVC(tm) engine draws its breath
from the same engine that powered the bulletproof
- Rugged steel frame with removable subframe
for easy maintenance.
- Beautiful one-piece cast aluminum swingarm
offers exceptional rigidity.
- Radial tires for exceptional handling.
- Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping
- Aggressive body style complements the all-sport
- High-performance 397cc dry-sump air-cooled
four-stroke single-cylinder engine.
- Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC)
for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
- Camshaft timing developed especially to
meet ATV requirements for torque and useable
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine
vibration for smooth operation.
- Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum
engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- 38mm carburetor provides light throttle
effort, superb air/fuel mixing and excellent
driveability. An accelerator pump assures excellent
throttle response for maximum power.
- Stainless steel dual exhaust head pipes
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers
quiet operation and maximum power.
- CD ignition with electronic advance and
9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates designed
to stand up to sport ATV demands.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the
large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
- Five-speed transmission with reverse has
gearsĘ and ratios specifically designed for
sport ATV use.
- Round-tube steel frame with removable subframe
is lightweight, durable and very strong.
- One-piece cast aluminum swingarm for maximum
strength, rigidity and durability.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension
offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin Showa(r)
shock absorbers with five-position adjustable
spring preload for superb ride quality over
- Pro-Link(r) rear suspension with a fully
adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body piggyback
Showa shock absorber provides 9.1 inches of
- Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping
power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper
- All Pro-Link components are made of aluminum
to further reduce vehicle weight.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung
weight for even better handling.
- Radial tires with knobby pattern provide
superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable and lightweight heavy-duty O-ring-sealed
- Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
- Engine design meets California Air Resources
Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Convenient push-button electric starting.
- Long, narrow seat provides excellent comfort
and superb sport riding ergonomics.
- Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank
and fenders complements pure-sport ATV design.
- Durable plastic fuel tank.
- Dual 30-watt headlights integrated into
front cowl provide distinctive sport style and
- New rear brake light.
- Snorkel-type airbox to avoid water and dirt
- Washable, two-stage large-capacity foam
- Oil tank features a dipstick for easy maintenance.
- Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever
has cable adjuster and dust cover.
Tough steel front skid
- Heavy-duty steel skid plate protects rear
brake disc and sprocket.
- Engine cases protected by a
tough urethane skid
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Multi-function handlebar switch assembly
is simple to operate.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Toolkit includes low-pressure air gauge
and owner's manual.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm)
(HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel
benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport
vehicle while ATV is being transported, one
year complimentary subscription to Honda Red
Rider ATV(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse
Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online
to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details,
2005 Honda TRX400EX Specifications
- Engine Type: 397cc RFVC air-cooled
dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 85mm x 70mm
- Carburetion: 38mm piston-valve with
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric
- Clutch: Manual
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: Independent double-wishbone with Showa shocks,
five-position spring preload adjustability;
8.2 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable single Showa shock;
9.1 inches travel
hydraulic 174mm discs
Front: 22 x
7-10 knobby radial
Rear: 20x 10-9
- Length: 72.2 inches
- Width: 45.3 inches
- Height: 43.7 inches
- Seat Height: 31.9 inches
- Ground Clearance: 4.3 inches
- Wheelbase: 48.4 inches
- Turning Radius: 10.5 feet
- Dry Weight: 386 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including
- Color: Red, Yellow
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age