fun-to-ride TRX250EX just got even more sporty and
fun; check out the TRX450R race-inspired styling,
new front and rear suspension and a revolutionary
innovation called Honda SportClutch.
- New TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
- New hand-operated Honda SportClutch(TM).
The new Honda SportClutch enables the rider
to experience manual clutch actuation with the
advantage of no stalling.
- New front and rear suspension for improved
ride and handling.
- New brighter headlight.
- New brake light as standard equipment.
- New Black color.
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine
is longitudinally mounted to allow direct drive-shaft
alignment to rear wheels for more efficient
- Two-valve cylinder head design features
performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm
diameter intake valve and a 27mm diameter exhaust
valve to produce a broad, usable powerband.
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort
offers immediate engine response.
- A unique buffer plate in the carburetor
float chamber helps maintain consistent fuel
flow when riding across varied terrain.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic
advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the
2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower operating
temperature over a wide range of riding conditions
for maximum performance and increased engine
- 123-watt capacity alternator ensures abundant
- Convenient electric starter.
- Five-speed transmission features sport riding
ratios, reverse and Honda's new no-stall Honda
- The new Honda SportClutch enables the rider
to experience manual clutch actuation with the
advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power
directly from the longitudinally mounted engine
without inefficient directional changes.
- New front 27mm shocks combined with a new
32mm rear shock improves bump absorption and
- Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis
is designed to withstand the demands of recreational
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension
provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber
provide 5.7 inches.
- Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and
fully sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide
superb and consistent braking power.
- 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires
feature an aggressive, TRX400EX-derived knobby
tread pattern for excellent traction.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung
weight for superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- All-new bodywork inspired by Honda's legendary
- Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational
riding, providing superb comfort and excellent
- Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide
a comfortable operating position for a wide
range of riding styles and rider sizes.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially
designed to provide cool, clean air in all riding.
- Single-headlight system features a twin-filament
high/low 39W/39W bulb.
- LED taillight and brake light.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's
Club of America(TM) (HRCA(R)). Benefits include:
discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance
for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being
transported, one year of Honda Red Rider ATV(TM)
magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site
(www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda
Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call
1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call
2006 Honda TRX250EX Specifications
- Model: TRX250EX
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally
mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
- Carburetion: 22mm piston-valve
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric
- Clutch: Honda SportClutch
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear drive-shaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
- Length: 68.5 inches
- Width: 41.8 inches
- Height: 42.4 inches
- Seat Height: 31.4 inches
- Ground Clearance: 5.9 inches
- Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
- Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
- Dry Weight: 360 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 2.7 gallons, including 0.7-gallon
- Colors Black, Red
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.