TRX gets big-time changes for 2006, including an
electric starter, TRX450R-inspired bodywork, new
suspension settings and a host of other refinements.
New for 2006
- New electric starter for ease of starting
in all conditions.
- New TRX(R)450R-inspired bodywork.
- New handlebar design for increased rider
- Front brake lever repositioned closer to
grip to fit a wide variety of riders.
- Uniquely designed center mud guards for
rider protection and comfort.
- New silver colored frame.
tough plastic skid
- New suspension settings for improved rider
- New Black color.
- Honda's bulletproof 86cc SOHC four-stroke
engine offers smooth power delivery and legendary
- Recoil/pull-start system with automatic
compression release allows reliable starting
only when the transmission is in neutral.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition system never
- 15mm carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage
and crisp throttle response.
- Quiet, efficient exhaust system with USDA-qualified
- Honda's durable automatic clutch makes takeoffs
and shifting a breeze.
- Versatile four-speed transmission.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Strong and durable steel frame.
- Independent front suspension features a
pair of rugged shock absorbers.
- Single-shock rear suspension offers a comfortable
- Durable front and rear sealed drum brakes.
- Long-lasting 8-inch front and rear tires.
- Well-padded seat offers a high level of
- All-new bodywork inspired by Honda's legendary
- Uniquely designed center mud guards allow
the rider's feet to grip the footrests while
keeping mud and debris away from the rider's
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Neutral indicator light.
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Front and rear steel grab-handles and a
low dry weight make loading simple.
- Comfortable handlebar grips and levers.
- Durable O-ring chain drive system.
- Comfortably low, 26.0-inch seat height.
- Fuel capacity of 2.0 gallons for extended
- Standard parking brake.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's
Club of America(TM) (HRCA(R)). Benefits include:
discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance
for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being
transported, one year of Honda Red Rider ATV(TM)
magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site
(www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda
Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call
1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call
2006 Honda TRX90 Specifications
- Engine Type: 86cc air-cooled SOHC single-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke 47mm x 49.5mm
- Carburetion: 15mm piston-valve
- Ignition: CDI
- Starter: Recoil/pull
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: Independent suspension; 2.6 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Front: Dual sealed drum
Rear: Sealed drum
Front: 20 x 7-8
Rear: 19 x 8-8
- Length: 58.6 inches
- Width: 35.2 inches
- Height: 36.1 inches
- Seat Height: 25.5 inches
- Ground Clearance: 4.0 inches
- Wheelbase: 38.8 inches
- Turning Radius: 8.2 feet
- Dry Weight: 244 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gallons, including 0.3-gallon
- Colors: Red, Yellow
Recommended for riders 12 years of age and older.