The stylish Rancher
is one of the best-selling ATVs in the world, and
offers buyers a choice between manual shifting or
push-button electric shifting with Honda's Electric
Shift Program (ESP).
- ES model features ESP(tm) (Electric Shift
Program(tm)) for push-button upshifting and
downshifting. The rider shifts simply and precisely
with the press of the upshift or downshift button
mounted on the left handlebar. An onboard electronic
control module (ECM) monitors information from
four sensors--engine rpm, countershaft speed,
gear position and shift spindle angle--to control
the speed of the electric shift motor's gear
and clutch engagement. Gear engagement speed
varies according to rider style: The transmission
shifts more quickly when riding style turns
sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater
than 2 mph ensures available engine braking
when descending hills. To ensure smooth shifting,
the transmission cannot be shifted from neutral
to first gear or reverse gear at engine speeds
above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent,
operating whenever the engine is running. Should
the rider ever need to shift manually, the Rancher(tm)
ES is also equipped with an auxiliary shift
lever in the tool kit.
- Powerful, rugged OHV air-cooled 329cc longitudinally
mounted engine allows direct drive-shaft alignment
to rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system places the
oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine
height and allowing optimum engine placement
for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- ES model features standard oil cooler with
cooling fan assures optimal engine lubrication
under difficult operating conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine
dimensions for improved ground clearance while
maintaining a broad, easy-to-use power band.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system
improves driveability and ensures smooth operation
in cold conditions.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven
counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a
low engagement point for excellent driveability
and towing capability.
- Five-speed transmission with reverse includes
an ultra-low first gear.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary
recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression
- Stainless steel exhaust header and muffler
for superior corrosion resistance.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for
excellent performance and reliability.
- Powerful, 245-watt AC generator.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional
7.3 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering mechanism design features light
effort and a tight turning radius of 8.5 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension
uses premium shock absorbers to provide 5.9
inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber
provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for
superb comfort and compliance.
24 x 8-12 front, 25 x 11-10 rear tires provide
added ground clearance while maintaining precise
- Triple-sealed front hydraulic drum brakes
and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- ES model has multi-function LCD digital
instrumentation that is compact,
tough and waterproof,
featuring large readouts for gear position,
speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter
and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes
LED lights for reverse, neutral, and oil temperature
- Integrated storage compartment on left side
of tank cover.
- Unique Honda-designed floorboards on all
Ranchers allow the rider's feet to grip the
footrests while keeping mud and debris away.
- Combination stop-/taillight.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt,
10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads
of 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity
of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment
allows access when rack is loaded.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs
features multi-reflector lenses for optimal
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skidplates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning
labels use internationally approved ISO graphic
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure
- G.V.W.R. is 999 pounds (TRX350TE) / 985
- FourTrax Rancher ES (TRX350TE) and FourTrax
Rancher (TRX350TM) assembled in Timmonsville,
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm)
(HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel
benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport
vehicle while ATV is being transported, one
year complimentary subscription to Honda Red
Rider ATV(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse
Web site (www.hrca.honda.com),
access online to Honda Common Service Manual.
For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
2006 Honda FourTrax Rancher ES/FourTrax Rancher
- Engine Type: 329cc air-cooled OHV dry-sump
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 78.5mm x 68mm
- Carburetion: 32mm CV
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: ESP five-speed with reverse
(TRX350TE) / Five-speed with reverse (TRX350TM)
- Driveline: Direct rear drive-shaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.9 inches travel
Front: Triple-sealed hydraulic drum
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 24 x 8-12
Rear: 25 x 11-10
- Length: 78.1 inches
- Width: 45.0 inches
- Height: 44.1 inches
- Seat Height: 32.0 inches
- Ground Clearance: 7.3 inches
- Wheelbase: 49.3 inches
- Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
- Dry Weight: 511 pounds (TRX350TE) / 498
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons, including 0.8-gallon
- Colors: Red, Olive, Yellow
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.