With the massive
power of a new 675cc engine--including Electronic
Fuel Injection--new suspension, front disc brakes
and new colors that include NaturalGear(TM) Camouflage,
the Rincon takes its rightful place at the head
of the class.
New for 2006
- New larger 675cc engine for increased power.
- New 40mm fuel injection system for consistent
performance at high altitude, improved cold
weather starting, improved fuel consumption
and increased power.
- New dual front disc brakes feature calipers
with patented built-in scraper for improved
braking performance in all conditions.
- New brake pads feature thick, long-wear
material with improved mud durability, feel
and control. Pads feature internal scraper that
give audible warning when pad life is low.
- New NaturalGear(TM) Camouflage color scheme
- Washable air filter for easy maintenance
and consistent performance.
- New low-fuel warning light.
- New 18-amp battery for increased performance.
- New rear shock valving for improved ride.
- New exhaust to maintain quiet performance.
- New Dunlop tires.
- Colors include: Red, Olive, NaturalGear
- GPScape(R) model features GPS unit with
easy-to-read LCD display. GPScape is contained
within the standard meter assembly and features
storage for up to 100 waypoints, digital compass
function indicating travel direction and an
automatic compensating clock. When traveling
or returning to a designated waypoint, GPScape
will tell the rider distance and direction from
- Exclusive NaturalGear Camouflage color scheme
offers a pattern that's soft, open, and shadow-free
for superior camouflage performance in a wide
variety of conditions.
- Honda's largest liquid-cooled four-stroke
ATV features a single-cylinder fuel injected
675cc OHV engine that provides ample torque
and dependable power.
- Honda's automotive-style automatic ATV transmission
draws power through a hydraulic torque converter
to drive three forward gears and reverse.
- The FourTrax(R) Rincon(R) features Honda's
fully independent ATV rear suspension for comfortable
cruising over the
- Extensive weight-saving measures include
the use of aluminum for the following components:
forged front upper control arms, rear upper
and lower control arms, rear knuckles, front
and rear wheels.
- SUV styling features flowing fenders with
integrated headlights and taillights.
- Liquid-cooled overhead-valve single-cylinder
fuel injected 675cc four-stroke engine is mounted
longitudinally in the frame, allowing direct
drive-shaft alignment to front and rear wheels
for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Liquid cooling provides consistent engine
operating temperature in extreme conditions
for maximum power output and long engine life.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder
head, reducing engine height. Together with
the semi-dry sump, engine height is further
reduced for a low center of gravity and excellent
- Four-valve cylinder head with two short
pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum
performance and engine efficiency.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- New fuel injection features 40mm throttle
body, 12-hole two-pattern injector, and IACV
(Idle Air Control Valve).
- Reliable cold weather starting.
- Consistent engine performance at high altitudes.
- New remote-mounted fuel pump with internal
fuel reservoir maintains consistent fuel injection
performance in rough and varying terrain.
- New IACV valve maintains consistent idle
in all conditions
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Stainless steel exhaust system provides
superior corrosion resistance and minimizes
- Unique semi-dry-sump oiling system locates
the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering
engine height and allowing optimum engine placement
for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- Standard high-flow oil cooler assures optimal
engine lubrication under difficult operating
- The multiple-scavenging oil system utilizes
an oil pump with three sintered steel rotors
(one for feed, two for scavenge) to provide
a stable oil supply in diverse riding conditions.
- Unique temperature indicator uses two sensors
to monitor both oil and coolant temperatures.
- High-capacity coolant radiator is rated
at 20.2 kW for efficient engine cooling in extreme
- Compact, flat-shaped radiator fan motor
is lightweight and contributes to optimum engine
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting system and
gear-driven counterbalancer reduce engine vibration.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- TraxLok(R) is easily engaged with a simple
thumb-switch on the right handlebar. An electromagnetic
mechanical clutch unit (EMCU) located on the
center of the propeller shaft engages 4WD with
a quiet two-way roller clutch. TraxLok ensures
smooth operation by employing a magnetic switching
mechanism that engages when front and rear wheel
speeds vary by less than 6 mph.
- Torque-sensitive front differential provides
superior traction compared to conventional limited-slip
designs, and reduces torque steer substantially
for less steering effort in 4WD mode.
- The rear drive-shaft joins the rear final-drive
gearcase at a 77° angle, eliminating the weight
and complexity of an additional shaft and joints.
The design also contributes to the Rincon's
considerable 8.0 inches of rear wheel travel.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
Honda Automatic Transmission
- The automotive-style Honda automatic transmission
features a hydraulic torque converter, three
hydraulic clutches and an electronic control
unit (ECU) to automatically select one of three
forward gears and one reverse gear. The ECU
monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine
rpm, gear selector position, brake application
and engine oil temperature.
- The Honda automatic transmission shifts
electronically--eliminating unsightly and trouble-prone
vacuum lines--and features engine braking, unlike
conventional belt-drive designs.
- The Honda automatic transmission features
a filtration system to protect against external
contamination. The compact and maintenance-free
design means there are no belts to wear out
and replace. Using multi-filtered engine oil
as hydraulic fluid, the design also simplifies
maintenance and ensures an adequate oil supply
in all operating conditions.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP(R)) allows the
rider to manually select gears by simply pressing
two push-buttons mounted on the left handlebar.
- A handlebar-mounted control switches the
automatic transmission between ESP mode and
- A convenient column-style shift lever permits
the rider to easily select Drive, Neutral or
- A rugged steel perimeter frame and four-wheel
independent suspension provide an exceptional
10.0 inches of ground clearance.
- A separate rear frame utilizes the final-drive
gear case as a stressed member, reducing overall
- The Rincon's steering mechanism design allows
light steering effort and a tight turning radius
of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension
uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.9
inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable
- Honda's independent rear suspension uses
a double-wishbone design and features forged
aluminum knuckles and upper/lower A-arms to
substantially reduce unsprung weight. The rear
knuckle pivots use lightweight metal bushings
in place of conventional ball joints and radius
arms, eliminating toe-in as the rear suspension
travels through its stroke. This simple design
maintains rear wheel alignment and further reduces
unsprung weight, contributing to responsive
- Lightweight single-tube gas-charged rear
shocks and an anti-sway bar provide plush, well-controlled
damping throughout the Rincon's exceptional
8.0 inches of wheel travel.
- New dual front disc brake calipers feature
a patented built-in scraper system to remove
mud and snow from inside the front wheel to
help prevent build-up of debris between caliper
and rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wear material
with improved mud durability, feel and control.
Pads feature internal scraper that gives audible
warning when pad life is low.
- A rear center hydraulic disc brake and self-adjusting
mechanical rear parking brake are mounted on
the rear drive-shaft, further reducing unsprung
weight and contributing to the Rincon's considerable
- SUV-type radial tires provide a smooth ride
and exceptional handling.
25 x 8-12 front tires and 25 x 10-12 rear tires
provide added ground clearance.
- Attractive SUV-style large-diameter 12-inch
aluminum wheels further reduce unsprung weight
and contribute to superb handling.
- Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation
tough and waterproof,
featuring large readouts for gear selector position,
speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter
and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes
LED lights for Drive, Neutral, Reverse, temperature
warning and FI warning indicator. A fuel gauge
located within the instrument housing comes
as standard equipment.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls
include a keyed ignition switch for added security,
parking brake and a handlebar-mounted choke
- Convenient electric starter, with a lightweight
auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal
tough rubber cover
protects the gear-shift button from dirt, water
- Handlebar switches, controls, indicator
lights and warning labels use internationally
approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt,
10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type
- Thickly padded seat uses dual-density foam
to provide all-day riding comfort.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
4.5-gallon capacity, including 1.0-gallon reserve.
- Side-opening compartment has 4 liters of
storage capacity and can be opened when the
rider is seated.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's
Club of America(TM) (HRCA(R)). Benefits include:
discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance
for ATV transport vehicle while ATV is being
transported, one year of Honda Red Rider ATV(TM)
magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site
(www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda
Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call
1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call
- Model: TRX680FA / TRX680FGA (with GPS)
- Engine Type: 675cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 102.0mm x 82.6mm
- Carburetion: Electronic fuel injection with
IACV idle control
- Ignition: Full-Transistorized type with
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Transmission: Automatic with hydraulic torque
converter, three forward gears, reverse and
- Driveline: Direct front and rear drive-shafts
with torque-sensitive front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.9 inches travel
Rear: Independent double-wishbone; 8.0 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 180mm disc
Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Front: 25 x 8-12 radial
Rear: 25 x 10-12 radial
- Length: 83.2 inches
- Width: 46.8 inches
- Height: 47.5 inches
- Seat Height: 34.5 inches
- Ground Clearance: 10.0 inches
- Wheelbase: 50.8 inches
- Dry Weight: 600 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons, including 1.1-gallon
- Colors: Red/Olive/NaturalGear Camouflage
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.