A favorite among
many riders, the FourTrax Foreman Rubicon now comes
equipped with TraxLok, front disc brakes, new SUV
styling and more.
New for 2006
- New Black color joins Red, Yellow and Olive
on the TRX500FA.
- GPScape(tm) model features GPS unit with
easy-to-read LCD display. GPScape is contained
within the standard meter assembly and features
storage for up to 100 waypoints, digital compass
function indicating travel direction and an
automatic compensating clock. When traveling
or returning to a designated waypoint, GPScape
will tell the rider distance and direction from
- Honda's first liquid-cooled four-stroke
ATV engine is a single-cylinder 499cc overhead-valve
design that provides tremendous torque and dependable
- Hondamatic transmission is a continuously
variable hydro-mechanical design that eliminates
belts altogether. It is compact, quiet, maintenance-free
and very rugged. The Hondamatic features true
engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive
- Unique torque-sensitive front differential
provides superior traction compared to a conventional
limited-slip design, and reduces torque steer
substantially for less steering effort.
- Extensive weight-saving measures keep the
dry weight of the FourTrax Foreman(r) Rubicon
at 600 pounds.
- Liquid-cooled overhead-valve single-cylinder
499cc four-stroke engine is mounted longitudinally
in the frame, allowing direct drive-shaft alignment
to front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain
- Liquid-cooling provides consistent engine
operating temperature in extreme conditions
for maximum power output and long engine life.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder
head, reducing engine height. Together with
the external engine-oil tank, engine height
is further reduced for a low center of gravity
and excellent handling.
- Four-valve cylinder head utilizes two short
pushrods to provide a broad powerband for optimum
performance and engine efficiency.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system attaches the
oil tank to the front of the engine cases, lowering
engine height and allowing optimum engine placement
for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- Standard high-flow oil cooler assures optimal
engine lubrication under difficult operating
- The multiple scavenging oil system utilizes
an oil pump with three sintered steel rotors
(one for feed, two for scavenge) to provide
a stable oil supply in diverse riding conditions.
- Unique temperature indicator uses two sensors
to monitor both oil and coolant temperature.
- High-capacity coolant radiator is rated
at 17.2 kW for efficient engine cooling in extreme
- Compact, flat-shaped radiator fan motor
is lightweight and contributes to optimum engine
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven
counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system
improves driveability and ensures smooth operation
in cold conditions.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary
recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic
advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Stainless steel exhaust system provides
superior corrosion resistance.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- TraxLok is easily engaged by pushing a switch
on the right handlebar. An electromagnetic mechanical
clutch unit (EMCU) located on the center of
the propeller shaft engages 4WD with a quiet
two-way roller clutch. Unlike mechanical designs,
TraxLok ensures smooth operation by employing
a magnetic switching mechanism that engages
when front and rear wheel speeds vary by less
than 6 mph.
- The Hondamatic transmission utilizes variable
hydraulic pressure and mechanical torque amplification
to provide seamless job-handling power and excellent
acceleration. Engine power drives a hydraulic
pump. The pump, in turn, drives a hydraulic
motor with variable fluid capacity. Utilizing
pump and motor pistons and a variable-pitch
motor-side swash plate, hydraulic capacity and
pressure are varied, producing continuously
variable output speed. In addition, torque is
increased as output-shaft speed is reduced.
- Dash-mounted knob switches to one of three
electronic shifting programs: D1 for maximum
performance, D2 for maximum torque, and ESP(r),
Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program. D1
and D2 modes provide continuously variable transmission
output; ESP allows the rider to "shift" the
Hondamatic with the touch of a thumb using two
push-buttons mounted on the left handlebar.
- The Hondamatic is extremely efficient, with
operating efficiencies ranging from 75-81 percent
in full-reduction mode and from 87-92 percent
when input and output speeds are the same (1:1
- The Hondamatic is fully sealed, compact
and maintenance-free, with no belts to wear
out and replace.
- The Hondamatic features true engine braking,
unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Versatile rider controls provide a shift
lever to select Drive, Low, Neutral, and Reverse.
- The Hondamatic uses multi-filtered (one
large-capacity filter and three strainers) engine
oil as hydraulic fluid, simplifying maintenance
and ensuring an adequate oil supply in all operating
- Rugged frame and suspension provide 7.5
inches of ground clearance.
- Steering mechanism design features light
effort and a tight turning radius of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension
uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.7
inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable
- Steel swingarm and dual rear shock absorbers
provide 6.7 inches of suspension travel for
superb comfort and compliance.
- Attractive, large-diameter 12-inch aluminum
wheels reduce unsprung weight for excellent
ride and handling.
25 x 8-12 front, 25 x 10-12 rear tires for precise
- All-new front hydraulic 180mm disc brakes
and sealed rear mechanical drum.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- New multi-function LCD digital instrumentation
tough and waterproof,
featuring large readouts for Hondamatic transmission
modes, gear selector position, speedometer,
fuel gauge, odometer, resettable tripmeter and
hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes
LED lights for reverse, neutral and temperature
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt,
12-amp power with a built-in temperature-type
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
4.2-gallon capacity, including 0.79-gallon reserve.
- New digital fuel gauge.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the
rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping
mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud
- Reusable foam air filter.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Powerful, 370-watt AC generator.
- Triple headlight system with single 45-watt
upper light and dual 30-watt lower lights with
multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution
plus a 21-watt stop and taillight.
- Large front and rear cargo racks are rated
at 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity
of 850 pounds.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment
allows access when rack is loaded.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help
prevent damage to boot covers.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skid plates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls, indicator
lights and warning labels use internationally
approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure
- G.V.W.R. is 1111 pounds.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary
membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm)
(HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel
benefits, roadside assistance for ATV transport
vehicle while ATV is being transported, one
year complimentary subscription to Honda Red
Rider ATV(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse
Web site (www.hrca.honda.com),
access online to Honda Common Service Manual.
For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
2006 FourTrax Foreman Rubicon/FourTrax Foreman
Rubicon GPScape Specifications
- Engine Type: 499cc liquid-cooled OHV dry-sump
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 92.0mm x 75.0mm
- Carburetion: 34mm CV
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Fully automatic hydromechanical,
continuously variable with electronic controls
- Driveline: Direct front and rear drive-shafts
with torque-sensitive front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with dual shock absorbers; 6.7 inches travel
Front: 180mm front discs with single-piston calipers
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 25 x 8-12
Rear: 25x 10-12
- Length: 83.0 inches
- Width: 46.7 inches
- Height: 46.2 inches
- Seat: 33.9 inches
- Ground Clearance: 7.5 inches
- Wheelbase: 50.6 inches
- Turning Radius: 10.8 feet
- Dry Weight: 600 pounds
- Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including 0.79-gallon
- Colors: Black, Red, Olive, Yellow
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.