sporty TRX250EX features Honda’s innovative
SportClutch, which helps make this ATV a blast
to ride for both beginners and seasoned riders
Features & Benefits
- Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is
longitudinally mounted to allow direct
driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more
efficient power transfer.
- Two-valve cylinder-head design features
performance-optimized valve timing, a
31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter
exhaust valve to produce a broad, usable
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort
offers immediate engine response.
- Hand-operated Honda SportClutch™ enables
the rider to experience manual clutch actuation
with the advantage of no stalling when coming to
- A unique buffer plate in the carburetor
float chamber helps maintain consistent fuel
flow when riding across varied terrain.
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic
advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the
2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower
operating temperature over a wide range of
riding conditions for maximum performance and
increased engine life.
- 123w capacity alternator ensures abundant
- Convenient electric starter.
- Five-speed transmission features
sport-riding ratios, reverse and the no-stall
- 27mm front shocks combined with a 32mm rear
shock provide bump absorption and rider comfort.
- Lightweight, double-cradle steel chassis is
designed to withstand the demands of
- Independent double-wishbone front
suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock
absorber provide 5.7 inches.
- Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and
fully sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide
superb and consistent braking power.
- 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires
feature an aggressive, TRX™400EX-derived knobby
tread pattern for excellent traction.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung
weight for superb handling.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
- Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational
riding, providing superb comfort and excellent
- Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide
a comfortable operating position for a wide
range of riding styles and rider sizes.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially
designed to provide cool, clean air in all
- Single-headlight system features a
twin-filament high/low 39w/39w bulb.
- LED tail- and brakelight.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Reusable, washable foam air filter.
- Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda unit by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing,
MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web
site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA
support team at select off-road events across
the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers
should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Flag Kit.
Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
Carburetion: 22mm piston-valve
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Clutch: Honda SportClutch
Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 inches
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
Length: 68.5 inches
Width: 41.8 inches
Height: 42.4 inches
Seat Height: 31.4 inches
Ground Clearance: 5.9 inches
Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
Dry Weight: 360 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.7 gallons, including
Colors: Black, Red
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and