TRX400EX Black with Flames
With aggressive styling and the convenience
of a Reverse gear, the sport-model TRX400EX
combines high performance and refinement like
nothing else in its class.
Features & Benefits
- The 397cc RFVC engine draws its breath from
the same engine that powered the bulletproof XR™400R.
- Rugged steel frame with removable subframe
for easy maintenance.
- Beautiful one-piece cast-aluminum swingarm
offers exceptional rigidity.
- Radial tires for exceptional handling.
- Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping
- Aggressive body style complements the
- High-performance 397cc dry-sump air-cooled
four-stroke single-cylinder engine.
- Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC)
for maximum combustion efficiency and
- Camshaft timing developed especially to
meet ATV requirements for torque and useable
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes
engine vibration for smooth operation.
- Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum
engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- 38mm carburetor provides light throttle
effort, superb air/fuel mixing and driveability.
An accelerator pump ensures excellent throttle
response for maximum power.
- Stainless steel dual exhaust head pipes
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester
offers quiet operation and maximum power.
- CD ignition with electronic advance and
9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates
designed to stand up to sport-ATV demands.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the
large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse has
gears and ratios specifically designed for
- Round-tube steel frame with removable
subframe is lightweight, durable and very
- One-piece cast-aluminum swingarm for
maximum strength, rigidity and durability.
- Independent double-wishbone front
suspension offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin
Showa shock absorbers with five-position
adjustable spring preload for superb ride
quality over harsh terrain.
- Pro-Link® rear suspension with a fully
adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body
piggyback Showa shock absorber provides 9.1
inches of travel.
- Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping
power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper
- All Pro-Link components are made of
aluminum to further reduce vehicle weight.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung
weight for even better handling.
- Radial tires with knobby pattern provide
superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable and lightweight heavy-duty
O-ring–sealed drive chain.
- Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
- TRX™450R-inspired bodywork.
- Engine design meets California Air
Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions
- Convenient push-button electric starting.
- Long, narrow seat provides excellent
comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
- Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank
and fenders complements pure-sport design.
- Durable plastic fuel tank.
- Dual 30w headlights integrated into front
cowl provide distinctive sport style and
- Rear brakelight.
- Snorkel-type airbox to avoid contamination
from water and dirt.
- Washable, two-stage, large-capacity foam
- Oil tank features a dipstick for easy
- Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever has
cable adjuster and dust cover.
- Tough steel front skid-plate.
- Heavy-duty steel skid-plate protects rear
brake disc and sprocket.
- Engine cases protected by a tough urethane
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added
- Multi-function handlebar switch assembly is
simple to operate.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Tool kit includes tire-pressure air gauge
and owner’s manual.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda unit by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing,
MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web
site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA
support team at select off-road events across
the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers
should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Flag Kit.
Engine Type: 397cc RFVC air-cooled dry-sump
Bore and Stroke: 85mm x 70mm
Carburetion: 38mm piston-valve with
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: O-ring–sealed chain
Front: Independent double-wishbone with Showa
shocks, five-position spring preload
adjustability; 8.2 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable single Showa
shock; 9.1 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Single 220mm disc
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby radial
Rear: 20 x 10-9 knobby radial
Length: 72.2 inches
Width: 45.3 inches
Height: 43.7 inches
Seat Height: 31.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.3 inches
Wheelbase: 48.4 inches
Turning Radius: 10.5 feet
Dry Weight: 386 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including
Colors: Red, Black
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age