TRX450R—available in manual- and electric-start
versions—has won in virtually every ATV racing
discipline, adding two-time Baja 1000 winner to
its mantel last year.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- New White and Black/Flame colors join Red
on the TRX450ER.
- Powerful four-stroke 450cc liquid-cooled
four-valve Unicam® engine is based on the
award-winning CRF®450R motocross and CRF450X
- Compact, lightweight engine designed
specifically for ATV usage is worthy of its CRF
- Unicam valve train provides the light
weight of a compact single-cam drive and the
optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum
power at all engine rpm.
- Unicam valve train features a carburized
single camshaft that directly actuates two 36mm
titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust
lobe actuates two 30mm steel exhaust valves via
a forked, low-friction roller rocker arm.
- Electric-start version features an electric
starter that drives the clutch side of the
crankshaft to provide superior lubrication of
starter gears and to produce a narrow engine
with a short, strong crankshaft.
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto
decompressor provides superb cold-starting and
- Kickstart version incorporates ATV-type
forward kickstarting for ease of starting and
- Crankshaft is made of high-strength,
low-carbon steel with carburized main journals
for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm
- Cylinder-head cover is made of magnesium to
reduce engine weight.
- Forged three-ring 12.0:1 compression
slipper piston is lighter than a conventional
design, revving quickly while maintaining
excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Maximum engine rpm is 9850.
- Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a
big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm
performance and durability.
- Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and
provides cooler and quieter operation for
extended engine life.
- Press-fitted steel spark-plug pipe fits
between forked exhaust rocker arms, further
contributing to compact cylinder-head design.
- 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features
four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in
very light throttle effort, smooth operation,
crisp throttle response and excellent
- Carburetor features a throttle position
sensor (TPS) that helps maintain linear response
throughout the rpm range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the
oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve
train from the clutch and transmission. This
ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch,
eliminates clutch and transmission material
contamination to the engine oil and reduces the
amount of circulating oil and the required size
of the oil pump.
- Vertically split crankcases feature a
built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a
- Left-side countershaft bearing and axle
carrier feature double-row bearings for added
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless
steel header and muffler.
- Exhaust system and free-flowing muffler
increase performance while maintaining low noise
- Radiator is lighter weight and has revised
fin pitch for improved airflow in all riding
- Compact, flat radiator fan is lightweight
and provides efficient cooling.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and
drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates
provide the surface area necessary to handle the
engine’s massive torque.
- Durable five-speed transmission with low
ratios designed to match engine power
- Transmission ratios designed for racing
applications and trail use.
- Rider’s position features low handlebar,
seat and footpegs for improved center of gravity
and rider feel.
- Round-tube steel frame with removable
aluminum subframe is lightweight and durable.
- One-piece cast-aluminum swingarm for light
weight, maximum strength and durability.
- Independent double-wishbone, double A-arm
front suspension with fully adjustable Showa
shocks provide 8.4 inches of travel, and
features rear-facing reservoirs for increased
- Pro-Link® rear suspension with fully
adjustable Showa piggyback shock provides 9.3
inches of travel.
- Dual 174mm front disc brakes with
twin-piston calipers and high-pressure front
brake lines provide excellent stopping power.
- 190mm rear disc and beefy single-piston
caliper provide improved stopping power and
increased ground clearance.
- Aluminum brake calipers and brackets front
and rear reduce weight.
- Removable aluminum rear grabrail and front
bumper for reduced weight.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung
weight for outstanding handling.
- Dunlop radial tires provide superb traction
and cornering ability.
- Durable and lightweight O-ring–sealed drive
- Throttle lever and carburetor feature
full-closed detection system.
- Engine design meets California Air
Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions
- Convenient oil-level window allows for
at-a-glance oil check.
- Long, narrow seat is designed for superior
comfort and performance in all operating
conditions. Saddle is also easy to remove for
convenient access to the air filter.
- Large air filter allows maximum airflow for
maximum engine power.
- Airbox designed for improved airflow and
- Adjustable dual headlights with 30w bulbs
and improved reflectors for excellent visibility
and distinctive appearance.
- Headlight shape for race-derived look.
- Pivot-access brake calipers for easy pad
- Engine cases protected by high-impact
- LED tail/brakelight to shed weight and add
an aggressive appearance.
- CRF-style clutch and front brake lever.
- Wide footpegs for improved rider control.
- Aluminum shift and brake pedals.
- CRF-type handlebar grips.
- Honda Racing™-inspired colors and graphics.
- Optional HRC Racing Kit available.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda unit by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing,
MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web
site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA
support team at select off-road events across
the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers
should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Model: TRX450R (kick start) / TRX450ER
Engine Type: 450cc liquid-cooled
Bore and Stroke: 96mm x 62mm
Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
Valve Train: Unicam; four-valve
Carburetion: Keihin 40mm flat slide with
throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric or forward kick
Final Drive: O-ring–sealed chain
Front: Independent double-wishbone with Showa
shocks, featuring adjustable spring preload,
rebound and compression damping; 8.4 inches
Rear: Pro-Link with single Showa shock featuring
adjustable spring preload, rebound and
compression damping; 9.3 inches of travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs with
Rear: Single hydraulic 190mm disc with
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby radial
Rear: 20 x 10-9 knobby radial
Length: 73.3 inches
Width: 46.3 inches
Height: 43.3 inches
Seat Height: 32.8 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.4 inches
Wheelbase: 50.2 inches
Dry Weight: 357 pounds (TRX450R) / 363 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.1 gallons
TRX450ER: Red, White, Black/Flame
Consult owner’s manual for optional HRC
Racing Kit parts.
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age