Foreman 4x4 ES/FourTrax Foreman 4x4
Foreman 4x4 Black
Foreman 4x4 Camo
Foreman 4x4 Olive
Foreman 4x4 Red
Foreman 4x4 ES Black
Foreman 4x4 ES Olive
Foreman 4x4 ES Red
With Honda’s latest longitudinally mounted
475cc engine and versatile Traxlok 2WD/4WD
system, this Foreman offers a choice between a
manual-shifting version or Honda’s Electric
Shift Program (ESP).
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- Black and NaturalGear Camouflage colors
join Olive and Red.
- New Black engine sidecovers.
- SUV styling features flowing fenders with
integrated headlights and taillights for a
rugged, adventurous look.
- Traxlok® enables the rider to shift between
2WD and 4WD with the simple push of a switch.
Quiet operation and smooth engagement are key
features of the system.
- Torque-sensitive front differential reduces
torque steer for less steering effort.
- Dual front disc brake calipers feature a
patented built-in scraper system to remove mud
and snow from inside the front wheel to help
prevent build-up of debris between caliper and
rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick long wear material
with improved mud durability, feel and control.
Feature internal scraper that gives an audible
warning when pad life is low.
- Patented oil cooling system features dual
oil coolers for greater cooling capacity.
- Powerful four-stroke 475cc OHV air-cooled
longitudinally mounted engine allows direct
driveshaft alignment to both front and rear
wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- The overhead-valve arrangement features
angled valves in a hemispherical combustion
chamber for straighter intake and exhaust flow
for improved engine performance.
- Patented oil cooling system features dual
oil coolers for greater cooling capacity. The
first cooler is located in the traditional
position in front of the engine. The second
cooler is mounted higher in a protected position
under the front fender away from mud and debris
and is fed a cool supply of air through a front
fender duct. Oil is first routed to the lower
cooler then to the second high-mounted cooler
before returning to the engine.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and
gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system
improves driveability and ensures smooth
operation in cold conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is
constructed of stainless steel.
- Traxlok is easily engaged by pushing a
switch on the right handlebar. An
electromagnetic mechanical clutch unit (EMCU)
located on the center of the propeller shaft
engages 4WD with a quiet two-way roller clutch.
Unlike mechanical designs, Traxlok ensures
smooth operation by employing a magnetic
switching mechanism that engages when front and
rear wheel speeds vary by less than 6 mph.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program
(ESP®) for push-button upshifting and
downshifting. The rider shifts simply and
precisely with the press of the upshift or
downshift button mounted on the left handlebar.
An onboard electronic control module (ECM)
monitors information from four sensors—engine
rpm, countershaft speed, shift drum angle and
shift spindle angle—to control the speed of the
electric shift motor’s gear and clutch
engagement. Gear-engagement speed varies
according to rider style: The transmission
shifts more quickly when riding style turns
sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than
2 mph ensures available engine braking when
descending hills. For smooth shifting, the
transmission cannot be shifted from Neutral to
First gear or Reverse gear at engine speeds
above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent,
operating whenever the engine is running. Should
the rider ever need to shift manually, the ES
model is also equipped with an auxiliary shift
lever in the tool kit.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for
excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Convenient five-speed transmission with
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with
torque-sensing front differential routes power
directly from the longitudinally mounted engine
without inefficient directional changes.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary
recoil starter and an automatic internal
- Wet sump with large 3.2-quart capacity.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for
excellent performance and reliability.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an
exceptional 7.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone front
suspension uses KYB shock absorbers to give 6.7
inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and dual KYB rear shock
absorbers give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Rugged, large-diameter 25 x 8-12 front, 25
x 10-12 rear tires provide added ground
clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual 180mm front hydraulic disc brakes and
sealed 180mm mechanical rear drum.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards along with 2006 EPA
- Water-resistant left-side glove-box
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow
payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing
capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment
allows access when rack is loaded.
- Powerful, 326w AC generator.
- Triple headlight system with single 45w
upper light and dual 30w lower lights with
multi-reflector lenses for optimal light
distribution plus a 21w stop- and taillight.
- Multi-function LCD digital meter is
compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large
readouts for fuel gauge, gear position,
speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hourmeter/clock
and oil change reminder. Meter housing includes
LED lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature
and front differential indicator.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides
12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the
rider’s feet to grip the footrests while keeping
mud and debris away from the rider’s feet.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day
- Large mud flaps keep dirt and debris off of
- Two-piece boot guards help prevent damage
to boot covers.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skid-plates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning
labels use internationally approved ISO graphic
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure
- GVWR is 485 pounds for both TRX500FE /
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda unit by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing,
MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web
site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA
support team at select off-road events across
the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers
should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Flag Kit.
Model: TRX500FE (with ESP) / TRX500FM
Engine Type: 475cc air-cooled OHV
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 92mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
Carburetion: 36mm constant-velocity
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse
(TRX500FE) / Five-speed with Reverse (TRX500FM)
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
with Traxlok and torque-sensitive front
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 inches
Rear: Swingarm with dual shocks; 6.7 inches
Front: Dual hydraulic 180mm disc
Rear: Sealed 180mm mechanical drum
Front: 25 x 8-12
Rear: 25 x 10-12
Length: 83.0 inches
Width: 46.8 inches
Height: 46.5 inches
Seat Height: 33.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.5 inches
Wheelbase: 50.7 inches
Turning Radius: 10.8 feet
Dry Weight: 597 pounds (TRX500FE) / 594
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including
Colors: Black, NaturalGear Camouflage, Olive,
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and