Rancher 4x4 ES/FourTrax Rancher 4x4
Foreman 4x4 Black
Foreman 4x4 Camo
Foreman 4x4 Red
Foreman 4x4 Olive
Foreman 4x4 ES Black
Foreman 4x4 ES Olive
Foreman 4x4 ES Red
With a 420cc engine featuring fuel injection
and legendary Honda reliability, the
new-from-the-ground-up TRX420FE and TRX420FM
raise the bar for mid-sized utility ATVs.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- New, 420cc liquid-cooled engine for
- New fuel-injection system for consistent
performance at high-altitude, improved
cold-weather starting and increased power.
- New dual front disc brakes for improved
braking performance in all conditions.
- New NaturalGear™ Camouflage color scheme
with black wheels.
- New body style incorporates flowing fenders
with integrated headlights and LED taillight for
a rugged adventurous look.
- Traxlok® 4WD/2WD selector lever allows easy
selection of 4WD or 2WD.
- Brand-new, rugged OHV liquid-cooled,
fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted
engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to
both front and rear wheels for maximum
- Large radiator with cooling fan ensures
optimal engine cooling under difficult operating
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program
(ESP™) for push-button upshifting and
downshifting. The rider shifts simply and
precisely with the press of the upshift or
downshift button mounted on the left handlebar.
An onboard electronic control module (ECM)
monitors information from four sensors--engine
rpm, countershaft speed, gear position and shift
spindle angle--to control the speed of the
electric shift motor’s gear and clutch
engagement. Gear-engagement speed varies
according to rider style: The transmission
shifts more quickly when riding style turns
sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than
2 mph ensures available engine braking when
descending hills. To maintain smooth shifting,
the transmission cannot be shifted from Neutral
to First gear or Reverse gear at engine speeds
above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent,
operating whenever the engine is running. Should
the rider ever need to shift manually, the
Rancher® FE is also equipped with an auxiliary
shift lever in the tool kit.
- Unique Honda-designed floorboards on all
Ranchers allow the rider’s feet to grip the
footrests while keeping away mud and debris.
- All-new 420cc longitudinally mounted engine
eliminates 90-degree power transfers and boasts
more horsepower and torque than previous Rancher
- Overhead-valve design provides compact
engine dimensions for improved ground clearance
while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Keihin fuel-injection system provides crisp
performance and ensures trouble-free operation
in cold conditions and changing altitudes.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and
gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a
low rpm engagement point for excellent
driveability and towing capability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse
includes an ultra-low first gear. The Rancher
4x4 model shifts using a foot-operated pedal.
The Rancher 4x4 ES model incorporates Honda’s
exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy
shifts with the touch of a handlebar-mounted
- Traxlok 4WD/2WD selector lever allows 4WD
when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when
- Convenient electric starting, with optional
recoil starter and an automatic
- Washable air filter for easy maintenance
and consistent performance.
- Stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler
for superior corrosion resistance.
- Three-chamber muffler baffling uses no
packing material that can blow out. Provides
- Full transistor ignition with electronic
advance for excellent performance and
- Powerful 343-watt AC generator.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with reusable foam
air filter provides more air to the engine for
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an
exceptional 6.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering-mechanism design features light
effort and a tight turning radius of 10.5 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front
suspension uses premium shock absorbers to
provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a
plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and gas charged rear shock
absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel
for superb comfort and compliance.
- Tough, large-diameter 24x8-12 front, and
wide 24x10-11 rear tires provide excellent
ground clearance while maintaining precise
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed
mechanical rear drum brakes for strong stops.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- FE model has multifunction LCD digital
instrumentation that is compact, tough and
waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear
position, speedometer, odometer, resettable
tripmeter and hourmeter. Instrument housing
includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral,
oil-temperature, fuel-injection and 4WD.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket
provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry
payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 850-pound
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially
designed to resist water.
- Under-seat storage compartment allows
access when rack is loaded.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day
- Large fenders give excellent mud
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs
features multireflector lenses for optimal light
- Combination LED stop- and taillight.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler
designed for quiet operation without wool
packing for long-lasting performance.
- Constant-velocity–joint boot guards help
prevent damage to boot covers.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with
integrated front brush guard.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning
labels use easy-to-understand graphic labels.
- Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure
- GVWR is 1074 pounds (TRX420FE)/1071 pounds
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda ATV by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts and trip
routing, plus access to the HRCA Web site
(www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support
team at select off-road events across the
country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should
call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific
- Flag Kit.
Model: TRX420FE (with ESP) / TRX420FM
Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled OHV dry-sump
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 86.5mm x 71.5mm
Induction: Keihin 34mm throttle-body
Ignition: Full transistor with electronic
Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary
Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse /
Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.3 inches
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 6.3 inches
Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Length: 80.9 inches
Width: 46.1 inches
Height: 45.1 inches
Seat Height: 32.4 inches
Ground Clearance: 6.5 inches
Wheelbase: 49.2 inches
Turning Radius: 10.5 feet
TRX420FE: 562 pounds
TRX420FM: 560 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons
Colors: Red, Yellow, Olive, NaturalGear Camo
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and