Rancher AT/FourTrax Rancher AT GPScape
Rancher AT Blue
Rancher AT Olive
Rancher AT Red
The world’s best all-around ATV includes a
strong 397cc engine, plus Honda’s renowned
automatic transmission--and you can even include
an integrated GPS system as well.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- New Blue color joins Red and Olive on the
- Powerful 397cc air-cooled OHV four-stroke
engine uses Honda’s proven longitudinal-mounting
system for superior drivetrain efficiency.
- SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- GPScape® model features GPS unit with
easy-to-read LCD display. GPScape is contained
within the standard meter assembly and features
storage for up to 100 waypoints, digital-compass
function indicating travel direction and an
automatic compensating clock. When traveling or
returning to a designated waypoint, GPScape will
tell the rider distance and direction from
- Powerful, rugged 397cc OHV air-cooled
longitudinally mounted engine eliminates
90-degree power transfers and allows direct
driveshaft alignment to both front and rear
wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact
engine dimensions for improved ground clearance,
while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system places the
oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering
engine height and allowing optimum engine
placement for excellent ground clearance and
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Integral 20-watt electric carburetor heater
improves driveability, ensures smooth operation
and provides dependable starting in cold
- CD ignition with electronic advance for
excellent performance and reliability.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and
gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Standard oil cooler with cooling fan
ensures optimal engine lubrication under
difficult operating conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Convenient electric starting with auxiliary
recoil starter and an automatic internal
- Stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler
for superior corrosion resistance.
- Powerful 322-watt AC generator.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Traxlok® system for convenient selection of
2WD or 4WD depending on the conditions.
- Torque-sensitive front differential reduces
torque steer for less steering effort.
- The Hondamatic automatic transmission
utilizes variable hydraulic pressure and
mechanical torque amplification to provide
seamless power delivery and excellent
acceleration. Engine power drives a hydraulic
pump. The pump, in turn, drives a hydraulic
motor with variable fluid capacity. Utilizing
pump and motor pistons and a variable-pitch
motor-side-swash plate, hydraulic capacity and
pressure are varied, producing continuously
variable output speed. In addition, torque is
increased as output-shaft speed is reduced.
- The Hondamatic is fully sealed, compact and
maintenance-free, with no belts to wear out and
- The Hondamatic features true engine
braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Honda’s exclusive Electric Shift Program
(ESP™) allows the rider the option to “shift”
the Hondamatic with the touch of a thumb using
two push buttons mounted on the left handlebar.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide 7.2
inches of ground clearance.
- Steering-mechanism design features light
effort and a tight turning radius of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front
suspension uses premium shock absorbers to
provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for a
plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock
absorber provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel
for superb comfort and compliance.
- Triple-sealed front hydraulic drum brakes
and sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Tough, large-diameter 24x8-12 front and
24x10-11 rear tires provide excellent ground
clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Multifunction LCD digital instrumentation
that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring
large readouts for gear position, speedometer,
odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/
clock. Instrument housing includes indicator
lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil-temperature
warning and Traxlok selection.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides
12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in
- Large cargo racks front and rear carry
payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 850-pound
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- Unique Honda-designed floorboards allow the
rider’s feet to grip the footrests, while
keeping mud and debris away.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment
allows access when rack is loaded.
- Combination tail- and brakelight.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs
features multireflector lenses for optimal light
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help
prevent damage to boot covers.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Tough engine skidplate for underside engine
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning
labels feature easy-to-understand graphic
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure
- GVWR is 1068 pounds.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda ATV by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts and trip
routing, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com).
Look for the HRCA support team at select
off-road events across the country. For details
on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958,
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Flag Kit.
Model: TRX400FA / TRX400FGA (with GPS)
Engine Type: 397cc air-cooled OHV dry-sump
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 85mm x 70mm
Carburetion: 36mm constant-velocity
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: Fully automatic hydromechanical,
continuously variable with electronic controls
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
with torque-sensitive front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.9 inches
Front: Triple-sealed hydraulic drum
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Length: 80 inches
Width: 43.9 inches
Height: 45.2 inches
Seat Height: 32.4 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.2 inches
Wheelbase: 49.1 inches
Turning Radius: 10.8 feet
Dry Weight: 559 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.8 gallons, including
TRX400FA: Red, Olive, Blue
TRX400FGA: Red, Olive
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and