Recon ES Olive
Recon ES Red
Recon ES Yellow
The best-selling mid-size ATV is also one of
the most stylish, thanks to its rugged,
adventurous looks, and the Recon even offers the
versatility of manual or electronic shifting.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- New Yellow color joins Red and Olive.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program
(ESP®) for push-button upshifting and
downshifting. The rider shifts simply and
precisely with the press of the upshift or
downshift button mounted on the left handlebar.
An onboard electronic control module (ECM)
monitors information from four sensors--engine
rpm, countershaft speed, gear position and shift
spindle angle--to control the speed of the
electric shift motor’s gear and clutch
engagement. Gear-engagement speed varies
according to rider style; the transmission
shifts more quickly when riding style turns
sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than
2 mph ensures available engine braking when
descending hills. To maintain smooth shifting,
the transmission cannot be shifted from Neutral
to First gear or Reverse gear at engine speeds
above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent,
operating whenever the engine is running. Should
the rider ever need to shift manually, the
Recon® ES is also equipped with an auxiliary
shift lever in the tool kit.
- Both the Recon ES and Recon feature the
high-performance cylinder head from the TRX™250EX
for increased performance.
- An oil cooler is standard equipment on both
Recon ES and Recon models, ensuring optimal
engine temperatures under difficult operating
- Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely
designed floorboards, which allow the rider’s
feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and
debris away from the rider’s feet.
- The Recon ES features a gear indicator
along with Neutral and Reverse lights.
- Lightweight, OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is
longitudinally mounted to allow direct
driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for fewer
- 22mm carburetor with light throttle control
offers good engine response and excellent fuel
- Overhead-valve design offers a wide,
easy-to-use powerband and compact engine
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting reduces
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is
constructed of stainless steel.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner reduces
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary
- Wet sump with 1.6-quart capacity.
- CD ignition system with electronic advance
features an rpm limiter for added durability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse and
automatic clutch on the Recon.
- Front and rear suspension has been upgraded
for more comfortable all-day riding.
- Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power
directly from the longitudinally mounted engine
without inefficient directional changes.
- Independent double-wishbone front
suspension gives 5.1 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock
absorber give 4.9 inches of travel.
- Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and
sealed mechanical rear drum.
- Tires feature aggressive tread patterns for
- SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- Meets 2006 EPA and CARB emissions levels.
- Ergonomically designed seating and control
layouts provide a comfortable operating position
for a wide range of rider sizes.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow
payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- Dual-headlight system with 25w lights.
- LED tail- and brakelight.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Powerful 110w AC generator.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Neutral and Reverse lights on
standard-shift model (TRX250TM).
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure
- GVWR is 816 pounds for TRX250TE / 807
pounds for TRX250TM.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda unit by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing,
MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web
site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA
support team at select off-road events across
the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers
should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Flag Kit.
- Trailer Hitch.
Model: TRX250TE (with ESP) / TRX250TM
Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse /
Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.1 inches
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 4.9 inches
Front: Dual sealed hydraulic drum
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 22 x 7-11
Rear: 22x 10-9
Length: 75.0 inches
Width: 40.7 inches
Height: 42.1 inches
Seat Height: 31.2 inches
Ground Clearance: 6.0 inches
Wheelbase: 44.5 inches
Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
Dry Weight: 425 pounds (TRX250TE) / 418
Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gallons, including
Colors: Red, Olive, Yellow
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and