Foreman Rubicon/FourTrax Foreman Rubicon GPScape
Rubicon GPS Camo
Rubicon GPS Olive
Rubicon GPS Red
One of Honda’s most popular ATVs, the
FourTrax Foreman Rubicon is loaded with
features, including optional GPScape, Traxlok
2WD/4WD system, automatic transmission, front
disc brakes and progressive styling.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- New Blue color joins Red and Olive on the
- NaturalGear Camouflage available on both
TRX500FA and TRX500FGA.
- New Black engine sidecovers.
- GPScape™ model features GPS unit with
easy-to-read LCD display. GPScape is contained
within the standard meter assembly and features
storage for up to 100 waypoints, digital compass
function indicating travel direction and an
automatic compensating clock. When traveling or
returning to a designated waypoint, GPScape will
tell the rider distance and direction from
- Honda’s first liquid-cooled four-stroke ATV
engine is a single-cylinder 499cc overhead-valve
design that provides tremendous torque and
- Hondamatic transmission is a continuously
variable hydromechanical design that eliminates
belts altogether. It is compact, quiet,
maintenance-free and very rugged. The Hondamatic
features true engine braking, unlike
conventional belt-drive designs.
- Unique torque-sensitive front differential
provides superior traction compared to a
conventional limited-slip design, and reduces
torque steer substantially for less steering
- Extensive weight-saving measures keep the
dry weight of the FourTrax® Foreman® Rubicon™ at
- Traxlok® 2WD / 4WD system enables the rider
to shift between two-wheel drive and four-wheel
drive with a simple push of a switch. Quiet
operation and smooth engagement are key features
of the system.
- 20w integrated carburetor heater for
reliable cold-weather starting.
- Liquid-cooled overhead-valve
single-cylinder 499cc four-stroke engine is
mounted longitudinally in the frame, allowing
direct driveshaft alignment to front and rear
wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Liquid-cooling provides consistent engine
operating temperature in extreme conditions for
maximum power output and long engine life.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the
cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together
with the external engine-oil tank, engine height
is further reduced for a low center of gravity
and excellent handling.
- Four-valve cylinder head utilizes two short
pushrods to provide a broad powerband for
optimum performance and engine efficiency.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system attaches the
oil tank to the front of the engine cases,
lowering engine height and allowing optimum
engine placement for excellent ground clearance
and superb handling.
- Standard high-flow oil cooler ensures
optimal engine lubrication under difficult
- The multiple scavenging oil system utilizes
an oil pump with three sintered steel rotors
(one for feed, two for scavenge) to provide a
stable oil supply in diverse riding conditions.
- Unique temperature indicator uses two
sensors to monitor both oil and coolant
- High-capacity coolant radiator is rated at
17.2 kw for efficient engine cooling in extreme
- Compact, flat-shaped radiator fan motor is
lightweight and contributes to optimum engine
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and
gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system
improves driveability and ensures smooth
operation in cold conditions.
- Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary
recoil starter and an automatic internal
- Solid-state CD ignition with electronic
advance for excellent performance and
- Stainless steel exhaust system provides
superior corrosion resistance.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Traxlok is easily engaged by pushing a
switch on the right handlebar. An
electromagnetic mechanical clutch unit (EMCU)
located on the center of the propeller shaft
engages 4WD with a quiet two-way roller clutch.
Unlike mechanical designs, Traxlok ensures
smooth operation by employing a magnetic
switching mechanism that engages when front and
rear wheel speeds vary by less than 6 mph.
- The Hondamatic transmission utilizes
variable hydraulic pressure and mechanical
torque amplification to provide seamless
job-handling power and excellent acceleration.
Engine power drives a hydraulic pump. The pump,
in turn, drives a hydraulic motor with variable
fluid capacity. Utilizing pump and motor pistons
and a variable-pitch motor-side swash plate,
hydraulic capacity and pressure are varied,
producing continuously variable output speed. In
addition, torque is increased as output-shaft
speed is reduced.
- Dash-mounted knob switches to one of three
electronic shifting programs: D1 for maximum
performance, D2 for maximum torque, and ESP®,
Honda’s exclusive Electric Shift Program. D1 and
D2 modes provide continuously variable
transmission output; ESP allows the rider to
“shift” the Hondamatic with the touch of a thumb
using two push-buttons mounted on the left
- The Hondamatic is extremely efficient, with
operating efficiencies ranging from 75-81
percent in full-reduction mode and from 87-92
percent when input and output speeds are the
same (1:1 ratio).
- The Hondamatic is fully sealed, compact and
maintenance-free, with no belts to wear out and
- The Hondamatic features true engine
braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Versatile rider controls provide a shift
lever to select Drive, Low, Neutral and Reverse.
- The Hondamatic uses multi-filtered (one
large-capacity filter and three strainers)
engine oil as hydraulic fluid, simplifying
maintenance and ensuring
an adequate oil supply in all operating
- Dual front disc brake calipers feature a
patented built-in scraper system to remove mud
and snow from inside the front wheel to help
prevent buildup of debris between caliper and
rim and ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wearing
material with improved mud durability, feel and
control. An internal scraper gives audible
warning when pad life is low.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide 7.5
inches of ground clearance.
- Steering mechanism design features light
effort and a tight turning radius of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front
suspension uses premium shock absorbers to
provide 6.7 inches of suspension travel for a
plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and dual rear shock
absorbers provide 6.7 inches of suspension
travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Attractive, large-diameter 12-inch aluminum
wheels reduce unsprung weight for excellent ride
- Tough, large-diameter 25 x 8-12 front, 25 x
10-12 rear tires for precise handling.
- Powerful single piston caliper front
hydraulic 180mm disc brakes and sealed rear
- SUV styling for a rugged, adventurous look.
- Water-resistant storage is integrated into
- Large 4.2-gallon fuel-tank capacity for
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation
is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring
large readouts for Hondamatic transmission
modes, gear selector position, speedometer, fuel
gauge, odometer, resettable tripmeter and
hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes
LEDs for Reverse, Neutral and temperature
- Waterproof accessory socket provides
12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
4.2-gallon capacity, including 0.9-gallon
- Digital fuel gauge.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the
rider’s feet to grip the footrests while keeping
mud and debris away from the rider’s feet.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud
- Reusable foam air filter.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Powerful 361w AC generator.
- Tough, 12-amp-hour maintenance-free
- Triple headlight system with single 45w
upper light and dual 30w lower lights with
multi-reflector lenses for optimal light
distribution plus a 21w stop- and taillight.
- Large front and rear cargo racks are rated
at 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing
capacity of 850 pounds.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment
allows access when rack is loaded.
- Constant-velocity-joint boot guards help
prevent damage to boot covers.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skid-plates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple
- Handlebar switches, controls, indicator
lights and warning labels use internationally
approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure
- GVWR is 1111 pounds.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda unit by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing,
MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web
site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA
support team at select off-road events across
the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers
should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Flag Kit.
Model: TRX500FA / TRX500FGA (with GPS)
Engine Type: 499cc liquid-cooled OHV dry-sump
longitudinally mounted single-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 92.0mm x 75.0mm
Carburetion: 36mm constant-velocity
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: Fully automatic
hydromechanical, continuously variable with
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
with torque-sensitive front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 inches
Rear: Swingarm with dual shock absorbers; 6.7
Front: 180mm front discs with single-piston
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 25 x 8-12
Rear: 25 x 10-12
Length: 83.0 inches
Width: 46.8 inches
Height: 46.4 inches
Seat Height: 33.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 7.5 inches
Wheelbase: 50.6 inches
Turning Radius: 10.8 feet
Dry Weight: 600 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including
TRX500FA: Red, Olive, Blue, NaturalGear
TRX500FGA: Red, Olive, NaturalGear Camouflage
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and