The TRX300EX forms the cosmic convergence
between an uncanny balance of power, weight and
agility, plus outstanding value, race-inspired
styling and handy convenience features.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- New White color joins Red.
- Dependable 282cc SOHC four-stroke engine
produces impressive power over a broad rpm
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes
engine vibration for smooth running.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain
- Reliable, maintenance-free CD ignition with
- Convenient electric starter helps make
- Snorkel-type air intake is positioned high
in the frame for reduced water/dirt
- Close-ratio five-speed transmission offers
a gear for every situation.
- Simple-to-use Reverse gear allows easy
maneuvering in tight spaces.
- Specially designed 32mm carburetor with
accelerator pump offers excellent fuel economy
and crisp throttle response.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester
offers quiet operation and maximum power.
- Box-section high-tensile steel frame offers
strength, rigidity and light weight.
- Long-travel, double-wishbone independent
front suspension features five-position spring
- Heavy-duty hydraulic single-shock rear
suspension offers five-position spring preload
- Strong, lightweight box-section swingarm
utilizes an easy-to-use eccentric
- Durable and lightweight heavy-duty
O-ring–sealed drive chain.
- Specially designed knobby tires offer
superb grip and long life.
- Triple hydraulic disc brakes.
- Rear-caliper brake-pad-wear indicator.
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Ergonomically designed riding position
offers a high level of comfort.
- Powerful twin 30-watt krypton headlights.
- Lightweight tail- and brakelight.
- Comfortable dogleg levers with cable
adjusters and dust cover.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter.
- Multifunction, handlebar-mounted switch
assembly with simple design.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning
labels use easy-to-understand graphic symbols.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Tough steel front skidplate.
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda ATV by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts and trip
routing, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com).
Look for the HRCA support team at select
off-road events across the country. For details
on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958,
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Flag Kit.
Engine Type: 282cc air-cooled SOHC
Bore and Stroke: 74mm x 65.5mm
Carburetion: 32mm piston-valve with
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: O-ring–sealed chain
Front: Independent double-wishbone with dual
hydraulic shocks; five-position spring preload
adjustability; 7.1 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; five-position
spring preload adjustability; 7.9 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
Length: 67.7 inches
Width: 43.5 inches
Height: 41.8 inches
Seat Height: 30.5 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.6 inches
Wheelbase: 45 inches
Turning Radius: 10.2 feet
Dry Weight: 372.5 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.2 gallons, including
Colors: Red, Black
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age