Rincon/FourTrax Rincon GPScape
The FourTrax Rincon is beyond compare, thanks
to a powerful 675cc engine, independent rear
suspension, electronic fuel injection,
Hondamatic automatic transmission, four-wheel
disc brakes and an integrated GPScape navigation
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- New White color joins Red, Olive and
NaturalGear™ Camouflage on the TRX680FA.
- GPScape™ model features GPS unit with
easy-to-read LCD display. GPScape is contained
within the standard meter assembly and features
storage for up to 100 waypoints, digital compass
function indicating travel direction and an
automatic compensating clock. When traveling or
returning to a designated waypoint, GPScape will
tell the rider distance and direction from
- Exclusive NaturalGear Camouflage color
scheme offers a pattern that’s soft, open and
shadow-free for superior camouflage performance
in a wide variety of conditions.
- Honda’s largest liquid-cooled four-stroke
ATV features a single-cylinder fuel-injected
675cc OHV engine that provides ample torque and
- Honda’s automotive-style automatic ATV
transmission draws power through a hydraulic
torque converter to drive three forward gears
- The FourTrax® Rincon® features Honda’s
fully independent ATV rear suspension for
comfortable cruising over the toughest terrain.
- Extensive weight-saving measures include
the use of aluminum for the following
components: forged front upper control arms,
rear upper and lower control arms, rear
knuckles, front and rear wheels.
- SUV styling features flowing fenders with
integrated headlights and taillights.
- Engine is mounted longitudinally in the
frame, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to
front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain
- Liquid cooling provides consistent engine
operating temperature in extreme conditions for
maximum power output and long engine life.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the
cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together
with the semi-dry sump, engine height is farther
reduced for a low center of gravity and
- Four-valve cylinder head with two short
pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum
performance and engine efficiency.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially
designed for water crossings.
- Fuel injection features 40mm throttle body,
12-hole two-pattern injector and Idle Air
Control Valve (IACV ).
- Reliable cold-weather starting.
- Consistent engine performance at high
- Remote-mounted fuel pump with internal fuel
reservoir maintains consistent fuel-injection
performance in rough and varying terrain.
- IACV valve maintains consistent idle in all
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Stainless steel exhaust system provides
superior corrosion resistance and minimizes
- Unique semi-dry-sump oiling system locates
the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering
engine height and allowing optimum engine
placement for excellent ground clearance and
- Standard high-flow oil cooler ensures
optimal engine lubrication under difficult
- The multiple-scavenging oil system utilizes
an oil pump with three sintered steel rotors
(one for feed, two for scavenge) to provide a
stable oil supply in diverse riding conditions.
- Unique temperature indicator uses two
sensors to monitor both oil and coolant
- High-capacity coolant radiator is rated at
20.2 kw for efficient engine cooling in extreme
- Compact, flat-shaped radiator fan motor is
lightweight and contributes to optimum engine
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting system and
gear-driven counterbalancer reduce engine
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards
against engine oil contamination.
- Traxlok® is easily engaged with a simple
thumb-switch on the right handlebar. An
electromagnetic mechanical clutch unit (EMCU)
located on the center of the propeller shaft
engages 4WD with a quiet two-way roller clutch.
Traxlok ensures smooth operation by employing a
magnetic switching mechanism that engages when
front and rear wheel speeds vary by less than 6
- Torque-sensitive front differential
provides superior traction compared to
conventional limited-slip designs, and reduces
torque steer substantially for less steering
effort in 4WD mode.
- The rear driveshaft joins the rear
final-drive gearcase at a 77° angle, eliminating
the weight and complexity of an additional shaft
and joints. The design also contributes to the
Rincon’s considerable 8.0 inches of rear wheel
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
Hondamatic Automatic Transmission
- The automotive-style Honda automatic
transmission features a hydraulic torque
converter, three hydraulic clutches and an
electronic control unit (ECU) to automatically
select one of three forward gears and one
reverse gear. The ECU monitors throttle opening,
vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector
position, brake application and engine oil
- The Honda automatic transmission shifts
electronically—eliminating unsightly and
trouble-prone vacuum lines—and features engine
braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Features a filtration system to protect
against external contamination. The compact and
maintenance-free design means there are no belts
to wear out and replace. Using multi-filtered
engine oil as hydraulic fluid, the design also
simplifies maintenance and ensures an adequate
oil supply in all operating conditions.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP®) allows the
rider to manually select gears by simply
pressing two push-buttons mounted on the left
- A handlebar-mounted control switches the
automatic transmission between ESP mode and
- A convenient column-style shift lever
permits the rider to easily select drive,
neutral or reverse.
- A rugged steel perimeter frame and
four-wheel independent suspension provide an
exceptional 10.0 inches of ground clearance.
- A separate rear frame utilizes the
final-drive gear case as a stressed member,
reducing overall vehicle weight.
- The Rincon’s steering mechanism design
allows light steering effort and a tight turning
radius of 10.8 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front
suspension uses premium shock absorbers to
provide 6.9 inches of suspension travel for a
plush, comfortable ride.
- Honda’s independent rear suspension uses a
double-wishbone design and features
forged-aluminum knuckles and upper/lower A-arms
to substantially reduce unsprung weight. The
rear knuckle pivots use lightweight metal
bushings in place of conventional ball joints
and radius arms, eliminating toe-in as the rear
suspension travels through its stroke. This
simple design maintains rear wheel alignment and
further reduces unsprung weight, contributing to
responsive overall handling.
- Lightweight single-tube gas-charged rear
shocks and an anti-sway bar provide plush,
well-controlled damping throughout the Rincon’s
exceptional 8.0 inches of wheel travel.
- Dual front disc brake calipers feature a
patented built-in scraper system to remove mud
and snow from inside the front wheel to help
prevent buildup of debris between caliper and
rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wear
material with improved mud durability, feel and
control. Scraper gives audible warning when pad
life is low.
- A rear center hydraulic disc brake and
self-adjusting mechanical rear parking brake are
mounted on the rear driveshaft, further reducing
unsprung weight and contributing to the Rincon’s
considerable ground clearance.
- SUV-type radial tires provide a smooth ride
and exceptional handling. Tough, large-diameter
25 x 8-12 front tires and 25 x 10-12 rear tires
provide added ground clearance.
- Attractive SUV-style large-diameter 12-inch
aluminum wheels further reduce unsprung weight
and contribute to superb handling.
- Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation
is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring
large readouts for gear-selector position,
speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and
hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes
LEDs for drive, neutral, reverse, temperature
warning and FI warning indicator. A fuel gauge
located within the instrument housing comes as
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls
include a keyed ignition switch for added
security, parking brake and a handlebar-mounted
- Convenient electric starter with a
lightweight auxiliary recoil starter and an
automatic internal decompression system.
- A tough rubber cover protects the
gear-shift button from dirt, water and mud.
- Handlebar switches, controls, indicator
lights and warning labels use internationally
approved ISO graphics symbols.
- 18-amp battery for increased performance.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides
12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in
- Thickly padded seat uses dual-density foam
to provide all-day riding comfort.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with
4.5-gallon capacity, including 1.08-gallon
- Washable air filter for easy maintenance and
- Low-fuel warning light.
- Side-opening compartment has 4 liters of
storage capacity and can be opened when the
rider is seated.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered
Honda unit by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s
Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include
online access to the Honda Common Service
Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing,
MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web
site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA
support team at select off-road events across
the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers
should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Model: TRX680FA / TRX680FGA (with GPS)
Engine Type: 675cc liquid-cooled OHV
semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted
Bore and Stroke: 102.0mm x 82.6mm
Carburetion: Electronic fuel injection (PGM-FI)
with Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) idle control
Ignition: Full-transistorized type with
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: Automatic with hydraulic torque
converter, three forward gears, reverse and
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
with torque-sensitive front differential
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 6.9 inches
Rear: Independent double-wishbone; 8.0 inches
Front: Dual hydraulic 180mm disc
Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Front: 25 x 8-12 radial
Rear: 25 x 10-12 radial
Length: 83.2 inches
Width: 46.8 inches
Height: 47.5 inches
Seat Height: 34.5 inches
Ground Clearance: 10.0 inches
Wheelbase: 50.8 inches
Dry Weight: 600 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons, including
Colors: Red, Olive, NaturalGear Camouflage
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and