2009 Honda Big Red
Big Red Camo
Big Red Red
With its superior handling, secure feel and
comfortable ride, the all-new Big Red is
destined to be the MUV of choice for both
utility and recreation. Its multiple patents and
numerous automotive-based technology features
separate it from all other contenders.
- Honda's liquid-cooled four-stroke
single-cylinder fuel-injected 675cc OHV
engine provides abundant torque and
- Honda's automotive-style automatic
transmission draws power through a hydraulic
torque converter to drive three forward
gears and Reverse.
- Big Red features Honda's fully
independent double-wishbone suspension for
- Exclusive Natural Gear Camouflage color
scheme offers a pattern that's soft, open
and shadow-free for superior camouflage
performance in a wide variety of conditions.
- Powerful OHV liquid-cooled,
PGM-fuel-injected 675cc, mid-engine design.
- Automotive-style, three-speed automatic
transmission with Reverse.
dash-mounted drive selector.
- Selectable drive modes include: 2WD with
open rear differential for sensitive
terrain/lawns, 4WD with rear differential
lock and 4WD with all differential lock.
- High-capacity liquid cooling provides
consistent engine operating temperature in
extreme conditions for maximum power output
and long engine life.
- Lightweight aluminum radiator is mounted
high to avoid clogging by mud and damage
from trail debris.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler aids
engine heat dispersion while also speeding
engine warm-up on cold days.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the
cylinder head, reducing engine height for a
low center of gravity and excellent
- Four-valve cylinder head with two short
pushrods provides a broad powerband for
optimum performance and engine efficiency.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
features 40mm throttle body, 12-hole
two-pattern injector and Idle Air Control
- IACV maintains consistent idle in all
- Reliable cold-weather starting.
- Consistent engine performance at high
- Engine design produces low emissions and
meets California Air Resources Board (CARB)
off-road emissions standards.
- Stainless steel exhaust system provides
superior corrosion resistance and minimizes
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
Honda Automatic Transmission
- The automotive-style Honda automatic
transmission features a hydraulic torque
converter, three hydraulic clutches and an
Electronic Control Module (ECM) to
automatically select one of three forward
gears and one reverse gear. The ECM monitors
throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm,
gear selector position, brake application
and engine oil temperature.
- The Honda automatic transmission shifts
electronically and features positive engine
braking that is superior to electronic
braking systems that can result in
- Features a filtration system to protect
against external contamination. The compact
and maintenance-free design means there are
no belts to wear out and replace. Using
multi-filtered engine oil as hydraulic
fluid, the design also simplifies
maintenance and ensures an adequate oil
supply in all operating conditions.
- Independent double-wishbone suspension
contributes to an exceptional 10.3 inches of
- Independent double-wishbone suspension
with high-quality variable-damping shock
absorbers provides 5.9 inches of front
travel and 7.1 inches in the rear.
- Specially designed 25 x 10-12 front and
rear tires provide added ground clearance
while eliminating the need for multiple
spares during extreme use.
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes with a
balanced automotive-style design that
ensures front and rear braking even if one
brake line fails for some unexpected reason.
- Roomy cab and rubber-mounted bucket
seats with adjustable backs comfortably fit
a wide range of body types and reduce
fatigue on long drives.
- Waterproof accessory socket is
ideally placed between the bucket seats for
easy access to 12-volt power.
- 3-point Emergency Locking
Retractor (ELR) seat belts are similar to
- Automotive-type right-hand-operated
parking brake for secure peace of mind in
off-road situations with a full load.
- In-cab glove box and dash storage
for quick access to small items.
- Uniquely designed, four-pillar,
six-piece 41.3mm (1.6 inch diameter)
Occupant Protection Structure (OPS).
- Heavy-duty two-inch receiver-style hitch
with 1200-pound towing capacity.
- 500-pound capacity steel tilt bed is
protected by an automotive-bumper-grade
plastic liner. The tilt bed also features a
progressive-action strut assist.
- Front and rear disc brake calipers
feature a patented built-in scraper system
that helps prevent the buildup of debris
between caliper and rim, ensuring consistent
- Automotive-type fuel system shut-off and
seat belt release mechanisms are designed to
protect and facilitate occupants in the
event of an inadvertent tip-over.
- Multi-reflector headlight system and LED
brake light and taillight provide optimal
light illumination for nighttime activities.
- Maintenance-free 12-volt 12-amp battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use
- Keyed ignition/starter switch for added
- Transferable one-year limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda
- Purchase of a new, previously
unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an
individual retail user in the United States
qualifies the owner for a one-year
complimentary membership in the Honda Riders
Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit
www.hrca.honda.com for details.
- Model: MUV700
- Engine Type 675cc liquid-cooled OHV
- Bore and Stroke 102.0mm x 82.6mm
- Compression Ratio 9.2:1
- Induction Electronic fuel injection
(PGM-FI), 40mm throttle body
- Ignition CD with electronic advance
- Starter Electric
- Clutch Automatic
- Transmission Automotive-style with
hydraulic torque converter, three forward
gears and Reverse and three drive modes
including: 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with all-wheel
Driveline Direct front
and rear driveshafts
- Suspension Front - Independent
double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
- Rear - Independent double-wishbone; 7.1
- Brakes Front - 200mm hydraulic disc with
- Rear - 200mm hydraulic disc with 30.3mm
- Tires Front - 25 x 10-12
- Rear - 25 x 10-12
- Length 114.7 inches
- Width 64.0 inches
- Height 76.9 inches
- Ground Clearance 10.3 inches
- Wheelbase 75.7 inches
- Turning Radius 13.8 feet
- Tow Rating 1200 pounds
- Curb Weight* 1431 pounds
- Fuel Capacity 7.9 gallons, including
- Colors Red, Natural Gear™ Camouflage
* Includes all standard
equipment, required fluids and a full tank of
fuel--ready to drive.