two-wheel drive Prairie 300 is for ATV
enthusiasts who like to explore and
enjoy outdoor recreation. It features
a 290cc, air-cooled, single over-head
cam four-stroke engine and efficient,
low-maintenance shaft drive. And like
every Prairie ATV, it utilizes the Kawasaki
Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS);
the fully-automatic Prairie requires
no shifting once the transmission is
placed into High or Low range or reverse.
Dual front disc brakes help to slow
things down and MacPherson front suspension
helps to smooth out rough trails.
its 4x4 sibling, it has a wide saddle
for day-long excursions and full-sized
floorboards with integrated footpegs
to provide maximum comfort and foot
protection. Plus, the Prairie 300’s
steel front and rear cargo racks can
carry nearly 250 pounds of gear, such
as tents, sleeping bags or an ice chest.
It can even tow more than 1,100 pounds--the
The Prairie 300 has a suggested retail
price of $4,599. Some of the special
features and benefits found on the Prairie
- A time-tested 290cc, air-cooled, over-head
cam four-stroke engine for great low-end torque
and economical operation
- The Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System
(KAPS) is fully automatic, so you’re always
in the powerband
- The same class-leading suspension as Prairie
400 for smooth, all-day comfort
- Hydraulic front disc brakes and a sealed
rear drum brake for all-weather stopping power
- A design that is created to be the best
handling, best performing and most comfortable
ATV in the 300cc class
- Engine Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC single
- Displacement 290cc
- Compression ratio 9.0:1
- Starting system Electric with recoil backup
- Bore x Stroke 76.0 x 64.0 mm
- Additional cooling Standard oil cooler
- Carburetion Keihin CVK32
- Ignition DC-CDI
- Transmission Kawasaki Automatic Power-drive
with High/Low range plus reverse
- Final drive Shaft
Frame Double cradle, steel
Suspension type, front MacPherson
Suspension type, rear Swingarm
with single shock
Suspension adjustments, rear
5-way preload adjustment
- Wheel travel, front 6.7 in.
- Wheel travel, rear 7.1 in.
- Tire, front AT25 x 8-12 tubeless
- Tire, rear AT25 x 11-10 tubeless
- Brakes, front, rear Dual hydraulic disc/Single
- Overall length 81.3 in.
- Overall width 47.4 in.
- Wheelbase 49.2 in.
- Ground Clearance (at lowest point) 7.1 in.
- Seat height 33.5 in.
- Dry weight 565 lbs.
- Rack weight limits, F/R 88/154 lbs.
- Towing capacity 1103 lbs.
- Fuel capacity 3.2 gallons
- Instruments Neutral, reverse indicator lamps
- Lighting Dual headlights with hi/low beam
- Colors Hunter Green, Firecracker Red
- Suggested retail price $4,599