half of all sport-utility ATV buyers
prefer a 300cc-class engine, so Kawasaki
created a Prairie model for this important
group of buyers. The Prairie 300 4x4
is powered by a dependable 290cc, air-cooled,
single over-head cam four-stroke engine
and has all-shaft four-wheel drive that
features a limited-slip front differential,
so tight turns are made easier in heavily
wooded areas while traction is improved
on wet or muddy trails. And like its
bigger siblings, the Prairie 300 4x4
features the Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive
System (KAPS), so no shifting is required
once the operator selects High or Low
range or reverse.
Prairie 300 4x4 excels when hauling
a load. The large front and rear composite
cargo racks are rustproof and can carry
nearly 250 pounds, while the standard
tow hitch allows the operator to attach
a trailer and tow up to 1,100 pounds.
Other features include a large saddle,
so long rides are more comfortable,
and full-sized floorboards with adjustable
integrated footpegs with drainage holes
to help keep the rider’s boots dry.
The Prairie 300 4x4 has a suggested
retail price of $5,399. Some of the
special features and benefits found
on the Prairie 300 4x4 include:
- A time-tested 290cc, air-cooled, over-head
cam, four-stroke engine for great low-end torque
and economical operation
- The Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System
(KAPS) is fully automatic, so you’re always
in the powerband
- A high-traction limited-slip front differential
for go-anywhere capability and feather-light
- The same class-leading suspension as Prairie
400 for smooth, all-day comfort
- Hydraulic front disc brakes and a sealed
rear drum brake for all-weather stopping power
- A standard speedometer with odometer
- Engine Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC single
- Displacement 290cc
- Compression ratio 9.0:1
- Starting system Electric with recoil backup
- Bore x Stroke 76.0 x 64.0 mm
- Additional cooling Standard oil cooler
- Carburetion Keihin CVK32
- Ignition DC-CDI
- Transmission Kawasaki Automatic Power-drive
- with High/Low range plus reverse
- Final drive All-shaft 4-wheel drive
- Differential Front, limited slip
Frame Double cradle, steel
Suspension type, front MacPherson
Suspension type, rear Swingarm
with single shock
Suspension adjustments, rear
5-way preload adjustment
- Wheel travel, front 6.7 inches
- Wheel travel, rear 7.1 inches
- Tire, front AT25 x 8-12 tubeless
- Tire, rear AT25 x 11-10 tubeless
- Brakes, front, rear Dual hydraulic disc/Single
- Overall length 81.3 in.
- Overall width 47.4 in.
- Wheelbase 49.2 in.
- Ground Clearance (at lowest point) 7.1 in.
- Seat height 33.5 in.
- Dry weight 604 lbs.
- Rack weight limits, F/R 88/154 lbs.
- Torque weight/towing capacity 88/1103 lbs.
- Fuel capacity 3.2 gallons
- Instruments Neutral, reverse, indicator
- Lighting Dual headlights with hi/low beam
- Colors Hunter Green, Firecracker Red
- Suggested retail price $5,399