KAWASAKI BAYOU® 250 UTILITY
ATV Simple, durable, cost-effective work machine
Kawasaki Bayou® 250 is the smallest work-oriented
all-terrain vehicle (ATV) in Kawasaki’s 2005 lineup,
but its durable design, convenience features and
low operating cost makes it one of the best-selling
models in the industry.
The Bayou 250 features an electric start, four-stroke
engine matched to a fivespeed-plus-reverse semi-automatic
transmission, dependable shaft drive, and sturdy
front and fear cargo racks.
The Bayou 250 utilizes independent
A-arm front suspension and it is the only ATV in
its class to feature a semi-independent multi-link
rear suspension. This design provides a smooth,
compliant ride without the complexity and maintenance
requirements of a fully independent design.
features include triple drum brakes, hitch bracket,
easy-to-read fuel gauge and a molded-pin accessory
connector that makes hooking up electrical accessories
quick and easy. Plus, its steel cargo racks can
carry a combined weight of 110 pounds.
2005 KAWASAKI BAYOU® 250
Features and Benefits
- 228cc air-cooled four-stroke engine is smooth
- Only ATV in its class with semi-independent
- Shaft drive is reliable, quiet and very
- Fuel gauge allows the rider to check the
fuel level at a glance
- Electric starter is hassle-free and has
- Cargo racks can carry a combined weight
of 110 pounds
- With an optional Kawasaki towing hitch,
it can tow 450 pounds
2005 KAWASAKI BAYOU® 250 SPECIFICATIONS*
- Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke,
- Displacement: 228cc
- Bore x stroke: 69.0 x 61.0mm
- Compression ratio: 8.9:1
- Ignition: Solid state with electronic
- Transmission: Five-speed-plus reverse
with automatic clutch
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame: Double cradle, steel
Front: Wheel travel Single A-arm, independent/4.5 in.
travel Semi-independent Quad-Link with dual
Front: AT21 x 8-9 tubeless
Rear: AT22 x 10-10 tubeless
Front: Dual drums
- Overall length: 70.1 in.
- Overall width: 40.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 43.9 in.
- Ground clearance:
Center of chassis: 7.5 in.
Rear axle: 6.1 in.
height: 28.7 in.
- Lighting: 25W x 2
- Rack capacity:
Front: 44 Ibs.
Rear: 66 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 450 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
- Dry weight: 404 lbs.
- Instruments: Neutral indicator, reverse
- Colors: Hunter Green, Aztec Red
*Specifications are subject to change. Please
www.kawasaki.com for most current specifications.