2006 KAWASAKI BAYOU® 250
UNBEATABLE VALUE FOR HARD WORK OR PLAY
farmers and outdoor enthusiasts looking for a simple
yet rugged and affordable all-terrain vehicle (ATV)
that can work hard and play hard can look to the
Kawasaki Bayou® 250. With its durable four-stroke
engine, electric start, five-speed transmission
and steel cargo racks, it’s one of the best values
on four wheels.
The Bayou 250 ATV utilizes independent A-arm
front suspension and is the only ATV in its class
to feature a semi-independent multi-link rear suspension.
This design provides a smooth, compliant ride without
the complexity and maintenance requirements of a
fully independent design.
Additional features include triple drum brakes,
hitch bracket, easy-to-read fuel gauge and a 12-volt
accessory connector that makes hooking up electrical
accessories quick and easy. Plus, its steel cargo
racks can carry a combined weight of 110 pounds.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available
through Kawasaki dealers or they can be purchased
on the Internet at
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki
encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to
respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time
buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing
an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV
Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can
call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
- 228cc air-cooled four-stroke engine is smooth
- Only ATV in its class with semi-independent
- Shaft drive is reliable, quiet and very
- Fuel gauge allows the rider to check the
fuel level at a glance
- Electric starter is hassle-free and has
- Cargo racks can carry a combined weight
of 110 pounds
- It can tow 450 pounds with an optional Kawasaki
- Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke,
- Displacement: 228cc
- Bore x stroke: 69.0 x 61.0mm
- Compression ratio: 8.9:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
- Ignition: Solid state with electronic
- Transmission: Five-speed-plus reverse
with automatic clutch
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame: Double cradle, steel
- Suspension front / wheel travel:
Single A-arm, independent / 4.5 in.
- Suspension rear / wheel travel: Semi-independent
Quad-Link with dual shocks / 4.5 in.
- Front tire: AT21x8-9 tubeless
- Rear tire: AT22x10-10 tubeless
- Front brakes / rear brake: Dual drums
- Overall length: 70.1 in.
- Overall width: 40.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 43.9 in.
- Ground clearance: Center of chassis
– 7.5 in., at rear axle – 6.1 in.
- Seat height: 28.7 in.
- Lighting: 25W x 2
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 44 /
- Towing capacity: 450 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
- Dry weight: 404 lbs.
- Instruments: Neutral indicator, reverse
- Colors: Hunter Green, Aztec Red
- MSRP: TBA
- Wholesale distributor:
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618
*Specifications are subject to change.