2006 KAWASAKI KFX700 SPORT
V-TWIN SPORT MODEL RETURNS IN NEW COLORS
KFX®700 all-terrain vehicle (ATV) continues to be
popular with cross-country racers and off-roaders
alike. That’s because Kawasaki bolted a powerful
V-twin engine and automatic transmission into its
racing-style chassis, making aggressive riding on
the KFX700 fun and easy, from morning to sunset.
And for 2006, the KFX700 comes in a cool Meteor
Blue or stunning Galaxy Silver, in addition to Kawasaki’s
trademark Lime Green.
The KFX700’s power and performance begins with its
engine. The liquid-cooled, 697cc, four-stroke, 90-degree
V-twin is matched to a performance-tuned continuously
variable automatic transmission. Combined, the powerful
engine and automatic transmission eliminate rpm
and shifting concerns because it’s in the optimum
powerband at all times. This allows the rider to
focus even more attention on choosing good lines,
whether it’s on the race track or trail.
Other features include shaft drive, powerful
dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed,
multi-disc rear brake system. The KFX700 also features
the industry’s first mass-produced ATV chassis with
a racing-inspired single lower front frame tube
– the design preferred by cross-country ATV racers.
Rear suspension duties are handled by a motocross-inspired
swingarm with a piggy-back reservoir shock, and
ITP® Holeshot® tires provide the KFX700 with maximum
traction and maneuverability.
Rounding out the features list are sport-style
serrated footpegs, a protective engine skid plate
and a powerful 45-watt headlight.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through
Kawasaki dealers or they can be purchased on the
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki
encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to
respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time
buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing
an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV
Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can
call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
- 697cc V-twin engine with dual Keihin downdraft
carburetors provide maximum torque while 90-degree
cylinder offset produces perfect primary balance
to minimize vibration
- Super-responsive Kawasaki continuously variable
transmission with special Kevlar reinforced
drive belt enhances acceleration while maximizing
- Forward-neutral-reverse grip-type shifter
is positioned conveniently on the left handlebar
to make gear selection quick and easy
- Racing-style chassis with single-spar front
frame tube for maximum A-arm length is the design
of choice amongst Grand National Cross Country
- Dual A-arm front suspension features 9.3
inches of travel—the long, flat angle of the
A-arms provide optimum handling by minimizing
“tire scrub” during up-and-down suspension travel
- Unitized alloy swingarm with large-capacity,
piggyback reservoir shock and dual-rate spring
features compression damping, pre-load adjustment
and 7.9 inches of travel
- Unitized swingarm also features integrated
shaft drive and Kawasaki’s sealed multi-disc
brake assembly for superior ground clearance
and fade-free braking power
- Low-mounted 3.2-gallon fuel tank helps keep
the center of gravity low for enhanced handling
® Holeshot® tires provide maximum traction and
stability − GNCC-proven ITP
- Aluminum alloy rims feature welded inserts
for added strength and durability
- 90 watts of halogen lighting power gives
the nighttime rider exceptional visibility
- Sport-style serrated footpegs allow maximum
rider mobility and control
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke
V-twin, SOHC, four valves per cylinder with
wet sump lubrication
- Displacement: 697cc
- Bore x stroke: 82 x 66mm
- Carburetion: Dual Keihin CVKR-D32
- Starting: Electric
- Transmission: Continuously variable
transmission with forward, reverse and neutral
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame type: Double cradle, racing
type, high-tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel:
Dual A-arms, coil-over shocks / 9.3 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Linkless
swingarm, piggy-back reservoir shock, dual-rate
spring / 7.9 in.
- Front tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x7-10
- Rear tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x11-10
- Front brakes: Dual discs with two-piston
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 78.1 in.
- Overall width: 47.0 in.
- Overall height: 46.1 in.
- Seat height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Ground clearance: At center of chassis
– 9.6 in, at rear axle – 6.3 in.
- Lighting: Dual 45W halogen headlights,
5/21W taillight/brake light
- Dry weight: 516 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 3.2 gal.
- Footpegs: Sport-style serrated
- Colors: Galaxy Silver, Meteor Blue,
Kawasaki Lime Green / Black
- MSRP: TBA
- Wholesale distributor:
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618
*Specifications are subject to change.