2006 KAWASAKI PRAIRIE_ 360
MID-SIZE 4X4 THAT WORKS LIKE A BIG-BORE
its advanced four-wheel-drive system, smooth-riding
chassis and dependable four-stroke engine, the Prairie_
360 4x4 provides farmers, ranchers and sportsmen
with a mid-size all-terrain vehicle (ATV) fully
capable of handling big-bore work.
Power for the Prairie 360 4x4 ATV
comes from an air-cooled, single cylinder, four-stroke
engine displacing 362cc. The power is then transferred
through Kawasaki's continuously variable transmission
(CVT). With high and low forward gears plus reverse,
the CVT enables the engine to operate in its optimal
rpm range, giving the rider maximum torque regardless
of speed or riding conditions.
The Prairie 360 4x4 ATV utilizes
dependable shaft drive and gives the rider the added
benefit of selectable four-wheel drive operation.
At the flip of a switch, the Prairie 360 4x4 rider
can engage all four wheels for added traction in
adverse riding conditions. The Prairie 360 4x4 utilizes
a limited-slip front differential, so steering is
light and more precise. When maximum traction is
needed, the rider can utilize Kawasaki's Variable
Front Differential Control by pulling a lever on
the left handlebar to send power to both front wheels.
When maximum traction is no longer needed, the rider
simply releases the lever the system is simple and
Stopping power for the Prairie 360
4x4 is provided by dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki's
sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system.
For added stopping power, the Prairie
360 4x4 features the Kawasaki Engine Brake Control,
which uses engine compression to help slow the ATV
in technical maneuvers such as crawling at low speeds
over rocks or descending steep downgrades. The Prairie
360 4x4 ATV rides on supple MacPherson strut front
suspension with 6.7 inches of travel, while rear
suspension duties are handled by a sporty, single-shock
aluminum swingarm with 7.1 inches of travel. It
also features a large, comfortable saddle and full-sized
floor boards with adjustable footpegs for maximum
comfort. Plus, steel front and rear cargo racks
can carry a combined weight of 242 pounds.
Other conveniences include powerful
dual halogen headlights, and a hitch bracket is
standard, so the Prairie 360 4x4 can tow 1,100 pounds
_ the highest towing capacity in its class.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are
available through Kawasaki dealers or they can be
purchased on the Internet at
As with all off-highway vehicle
recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride
responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki
will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV
$100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted
by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers
can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
- Air-cooled, four-stroke engine delivers
exceptional torque, providing the best combination
performance and simplicity
- Kawasaki Engine Brake Control utilizes the
engine's compression to help slow the Prairie
4x4 on steep hills and when towing heavy loads
- Continuously variable transmission has high
and low forward gears plus reverse, so no shifting
- Selectable four-wheel drive can be activated
with the flip of a switch simple and effective
- Kawasaki Variable Front Differential Control
lets the rider decide how much torque to deliver
both front wheels
- Dependable shaft drive requires minimal
- Dual front disc brakes provide superior
stopping power to the front wheels
- Sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake
system provides superior rear braking power
practically no maintenance and is protected
from mud, dust, debris and water
- Front and rear cargo racks can carry a combined
weight of 242 pounds
- Large saddle and full-sized floorboards
with adjustable serrated footpegs provide superior
and help protect the rider's feet from mud and
- Smooth-riding MacPherson strut front suspension
provides 6.7 inches of travel while the rear
swingarm with adjustable shock provides 7.1
inches of travel
- Standard hitch bracket makes installing
a ball hitch quick and easy for towing up to
- Engine: Air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke, single
- Displacement: 362cc
- Bore x stroke: 80.0 x 72.0mm
- Compression ratio: 8.3:1
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK34
- Starting: Electric with recoil backup
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission
with Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, high and
low range, plus reverse
- Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive
with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
- Frame type: Double cradle steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: MacPherson
strut / 6.7 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm
with single shock, preload adjustment / 7.1
- Front tires: AT25x8-12 tubeless
- Rear tires: AT25x10-12 tubeless
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 81.3 in.
- Overall width: 47.4 in.
- Overall height: 46.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Ground clearance: At center of chassis,
9.8 / at rear axle, 7.7 in.
- Seat height: 35.8 in.
- Lighting: 30W x 2 halogen
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 88 / 154 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,100 lbs.
- Dry weight: 605 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 3.6 gal.
- Footpegs: Adjustable
- Colors: Woodsman Green, Aztec Red, Hardwoods
Green_ HD, Camouflage
- MSRP: TBA
- Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp.,
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618
*Specifications are subject to change.