Rugged simplicity that’s hard to beat
With its durable four-stroke engine, electric
starting, five-speed transmission and steel
cargo racks, Kawasaki’s Bayou® 250 is one of the
best values on four wheels. From playing games
in the field to working around the ranch, the
rugged and affordable Bayou 250 is ready for
anything thrown its way.
The Bayou 250 ATV utilizes independent A-arm
front suspension and is the only ATV in its
class to feature a semi-independent multi-link
rear suspension. This design provides a smooth,
compliant ride without the complexity and
maintenance requirements of a fully independent
Additional features include triple drum brakes,
hitch bracket, easy-to-read fuel gauge and a
12-volt accessory connector that makes hooking
up electrical accessories quick and easy. Plus,
its steel cargo racks can carry a combined
weight of 110 pounds.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available
through Kawasaki dealers or they can be
purchased on the Internet at
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation,
Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride
responsibly and to respect the environment.
Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new
Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider
safety course conducted by the ATV Safety
Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call
ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
- 228cc air-cooled four-stroke engine is
smooth and reliable
- Only ATV in its class with semi-independent
- Shaft drive is reliable, quiet and very low
- Fuel gauge allows the rider to check the fuel
level at a glance
- Electric starter is hassle-free and has recoil
- Cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 110
- It can tow 450 pounds with an optional
Kawasaki tow hitch
Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke, single
- Displacement: 228cc
- Bore x stroke: 69.0 x 61.0mm
- Compression ratio: 8.9:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
- Ignition: Solid state with electronic ignition
- Transmission: Five-speed-plus reverse with
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame: Double cradle, steel
- Suspension front / wheel travel: Single A-arm,
independent / 4.5 in.
- Suspension rear / wheel travel: Semi-independent
Quad-Link with dual shocks / 4.5 in.
- Front tire: AT21x8-9 tubeless
- Rear tire: AT22x10-10 tubeless
- Front brakes / rear brake: Dual drums / Drum
- Overall length: 70.1 in.
- Overall width: 40.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 43.9 in.
- Ground clearance: Center of chassis – 7.5 in.,
at rear axle – 6.1 in.
- Seat height: 28.7 in.
- Lighting: 25W x 2
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 44 / 66 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 450 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
- Dry weight: 404 lbs.
- Instruments: Neutral indicator, reverse
- Color choices: Hunter Green, Polar White or
- MSRP: $2,999