Brute Force™ 650 4x4i Camo
A blend of comfort, ability and ruggedness make
this ATV a winner
Whether you are heading out into the great wide
open for work or for pleasure, Kawasaki’s Brute
Force™ 650 4x4i ATV is the perfect companion.
This sport-utility all-terrain vehicle boasts a
633cc V-twin engine, with plentiful torque and a
user-friendly power delivery. Independent front
and rear suspension coupled with
four-wheel-drive and an upright seating position
creates a comfortable go anywhere ride in an
This ATV will shine under the most grueling
circumstances in both low-to-mid range rpm and
high rpm ranges. The 90-degree, liquid-cooled
four-stroke powerplant will be there to answer
any needs posed by its target audience of
adventure enthusiasts and sportsmen.
The engine features a bore and stroke of 80mm x
63mm, linerless aluminum cylinders based on its
big brother’s, and a lightweight crankshaft.
Helping to lighten the load, engineers have used
aluminum to replace steel in the construction of
the front exhaust pipe cover, new two-piece
center exhaust pipe cover, and the muffler
cover. Transmission gears in the Brute Force 650
4x4i feature holes to lighten the overall weight
and several other minor changes have been
introduced to optimize the power-to-weight
Its chassis has a revised caster angle for the
front A-arms—upper and lower—resulting in light
and responsive steering as well as excellent
ground-following abilities. Shock absorber
spring rates and initial preload settings for
both front and rear have been revised to improve
ride comfort. Riding comfort was also considered
when this unit was slated for a seat using a
softer urethane foam cushion.
The Brute Force 650 4x4i transfers power from
its V-twin engine to the wheels through a dual
range continuously variable transmission (CVT)
featuring high, low, and reverse. The rider can
select two- or four-wheel drive by simply
pressing a handlebar-mounted button.
Stopping the 650 4x4i are dual 200mm front discs
and an enclosed wet multi-plate rear brake
system. Its towing capacity is a hefty 1,250
pounds, and it will carry a combined 264 pounds
on its front and rear racks.
It may be the slightly smaller one in Kawasaki’s
stable of IRS-equipped ATVs, but it doesn’t
sacrifice anything in the “looks” department.
Designers gave the Brute Force 650 4x4i a
rugged, take-on-anything type of appearance with
a front guard design that will both attract
onlookers and satisfy owners. It will come
cloaked in either Woodsman Green, Aztec Red, or
Realtree Hardwoods Green® HD™ camouflage.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories for the 2006
Brute Force 650 4x4i are available through
Kawasaki dealers or the can be purchased on the
Internet at www.kawasaki.com.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation,
Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride
responsibly and to respect the environment.
Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new
Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider
safety course conducted by the ATV Safety
Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call
ASI, toll-free, at 800-887-2887.
- Perfectly-Balanced V-Twin Engine
- KAPS Automatic Transmission
Kawasaki Engine Break Control
- Exclusive Variable Limited-Slip Front
- Sealed Rear Brake System
- 633cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled V-twin
- All-aluminum cylinders with Electrofusion
coating are durable and help the engine produce
more power. The aluminum bores eliminate cast
iron cylinders liners to improve heat dispersion
and reduce weight.
- V-twin design and oversquare bore and stroke
help produce high torque with a broad,
- 90-degree cylinder offset produces perfect
primary balance to minimize vibration for rider
4-Valve Cylinder Head
- Intake ports designed to provide a straight
fuel path from the carburetors for improved
efficiency and more power
- 4 valves provide maximum valve area for
- Boosts low-end torque
Twin Downdraft Carburetors
- Twin CVKR-34 carburetors are 2mm larger than
the Brute Force 650 4x4 and are mounted in a
downdraft position, providing the fuel mixture
with a straight shot into the combustion chamber
- Larger-capacity radiator provides consistent
cooling, allowing closer engine tolerances,
quieter running, and ultimate durability
- Thermostatically-controlled fan keeps engine
cool even at very low vehicle speeds
Snorkel Air Intake
- Airbox design provides easy access to simplify
- Oval-type air filter provides large intake
area and reduces dust build-up on the filter
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System
- The drive converter shaft is hard chrome
finished for durability
- Shifting timed in higher rpm range for snappy
throttle response and class leading acceleration
- Strong CVT belt handles the increased power
- Water drain hole in drive pulley cover
prevents mud from clogging release bearing for
- Belt Check indicator lamp is easy to see
- Continuously variable transmission is fully
Kawasaki Engine Break Control
- Engine brake actuator controller maintains
proper adjustment during servicing and maintains
reliability of engine brake activation
- Automatically applied under certain conditions
to provide engine braking for additional slowing
power when descending hills
Exclusive Kawasaki design adds no additional
weight to drive converter for faster engine
spooling and throttle response
- Automatically compensates for CVT belt wear to
maintain consistent engagement
Exclusive Variable Limited-Slip Front
- Allows riders to control the amount of slip in
the limited-slip front differential
Electrically “Selectable” 2WD/4WD
- Choose between 2WD and 4WD for changing
terrain and applications with the flip of a
Independent Front Suspension
- Double wishbone and coil-over-shock absorbers
with adjustable preload provide a comfortable
ride with 6.7 inches of suspension travel
- Revised caster angle for the A-arms provides
- Aluminum steering knuckles are tough and
feature added protection for the CV boots
- Constant velocity joints at the front wheels
have a wide operating range for durability. The
joints can also be independently disassembled to
Independent Rear Suspension
- Double wishbone and preload adjustable shock
for each rear wheel provides superior ride
comfort and ground following ability
- Torsion bar helps control body roll
Sealed Rear Brake System
- Multi-disk rear brake system is totally
enclosed within the frame-mounted rear gear case
- Operates in a sealed oil bath so that the
brake is unaffected by water, mud, dust and
- Compact design provides more ground clearance
at the rear end
- Thermoplastic olefin bodywork has a high gloss
finish for great looks and is more scratch
resistant than polyethylene plastic so it stays
looking good longer
- Dual compartments on the front fenders provide
convenient storage. Optional storage cylinder at
the rear matches the muffler shape for a sporty,
- Comfortable, upright seating position combines
with the independent rear suspension for a
- Wide seat for increased rider comfort
- Trailer hitch bracket with 1,250 lbs. towing
capacity is standard equipment
- Digital speedometer, odometer, twin trip
meters, clock, hour meter and fuelgage are
mounted at a steep angle and has a visor to make
the meter more visible from the upright seating
- Tire and wheel design provides an integrated
look with aggressive bodywork as well as superb
Engine: Four-stroke, V-twin, liquid-cooled,
- Displacement: 633 cm
- Bore x stroke: 80.0 x 63.0mm
- Compression ratio: 9.9:1
- Carburetor: Keihin CVKR-34 x 2
- Transmission / drive system: KAPS, Dual Range
with Reverse, 2WD/4WD, shaft
- Tires, front: AT25 x 8-12
- Tires, rear: AT25 x 10-12
- Wheelbase: 50.4 in.
- Minimum turning radius: 10.8 ft.
- Brakes, front: Hydraulic discs
- Brakes, rear: Sealed multi-disc
- Suspension, front: Dual A-Arms, two shocks with
five-way preload adjustment
- Suspension, rear: Dual A-Arms, two shocks with
five-way preload adjustment
- Wheel travel, front: 6.7 in.
- Wheel travel, rear: 7.9 in.
- Ground clearance: 10.1 in.
- Fuel capacity: 5.4 gal.
- Track front/rear: 36.2 in. / 35.2 in.
- Length x width x height: 86.4 x 46.3 x 48.4 in.
- Overall height: 48.4 in.
- Rack capacity, front/rear: 88 lbs. / 176 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,250 lbs.
- Tongue weight capacity: 88 lbs.
- Dry weight: 606 lbs.
- Color choices: Hardwoods® Green HD™ or Super
- MSRP: $7,449