Popular V-twin sport model offers multiple uses
Always a favorite, the Kawasaki KFX®700
all-terrain vehicle (ATV) continues to be
popular among off-road enthusiasts. Its powerful
V-twin engine, automatic transmission and
racing-style chassis, make aggressive riding on
the KFX700 fun and easy, from morning to sunset.
For 2007, in addition to Kawasaki’s trademark
Lime Green color scheme, the KFX700 is available
in stunning Black Marble, or cool Meteor Blue.
The KFX700’s power and performance begins with
its engine. The liquid-cooled, 697cc,
four-stroke, 90-degree V-twin is matched to a
performance-tuned continuously variable
automatic transmission. Combined, the powerful
engine and automatic transmission eliminate rpm
and shifting concerns because it’s in the
optimum powerband at all times. This allows the
rider to focus even more attention on choosing
good lines, whether it’s on the race track or
Other features include shaft drive, powerful
dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki’s sealed,
oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system. The
KFX700 also features the industry’s first
mass-produced ATV chassis with a racing-inspired
single lower front frame tube – the design
preferred by cross-country ATV racers.
Rear suspension duties are handled by a
motocross-inspired swingarm with a piggy-back
reservoir shock, and ITP® Holeshot® tires
provide the KFX700 with maximum traction and
Rounding out the features list are sport-style
serrated footpegs, a protective engine skid
plate and a powerful 45-watt headlight.
697cc V-twin engine with dual Keihin
downdraft carburetors provide maximum torque
while 90-degree cylinder offset produces perfect
primary balance to minimize vibration
- Super-responsive Kawasaki continuously
variable transmission with special Kevlar
reinforced drive belt enhances acceleration
while maximizing durability
- Forward-neutral-reverse grip-type shifter is
positioned conveniently on the left handlebar to
make gear selection quick and easy
- Racing-style chassis with single-spar front
frame tube for maximum A-arm length is the
design of choice amongst Grand National Cross
Country ATV racers
- Dual A-arm front suspension features 9.3
inches of travel—the long, flat angle of the
A-arms provide optimum handling by minimizing
“tire scrub” during up-and-down suspension
- Unitized alloy swingarm with large-capacity,
piggyback reservoir shock and dual-rate spring
features compression damping, pre-load
adjustment and 7.9 inches of travel
- Unitized swingarm also features integrated
shaft drive and Kawasaki’s sealed multi-disc
brake assembly for superior ground clearance and
fade-free braking power
- Low-mounted 3.2-gallon fuel tank helps keep
the center of gravity low for enhanced handling
- GNCC-proven ITP® Holeshot® tires provide
maximum traction and stability
- Aluminum alloy rims feature welded inserts for
added strength and durability
- 90 watts of halogen lighting power gives the
nighttime rider exceptional visibility
- Sport-style serrated footpegs allow maximum
rider mobility and control
Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke V-twin,
SOHC, four valves per cylinder with wet sump
- Displacement: 697cc
- Bore x stroke: 82 x 66mm
- Carburetion: Dual Keihin CVKR-D32
- Starting: Electric
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission
with forward, reverse and neutral
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame type: Double cradle, racing type,
high-tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arms,
coil-over shocks / 9.3 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Linkless
swingarm, piggy-back reservoir shock, dual-rate
spring / 7.9 in.
- Front tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x7-10
- Rear tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x11-10
- Front brakes: Dual discs with two-piston
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 78.1 in.
- Overall width: 47.0 in.
- Overall height: 46.1 in.
- Seat height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Ground clearance: At center of chassis – 9.6 in,
at rear axle – 6.3 in.
- Lighting: Dual 45W halogen headlights, 5/21W
- Dry weight: 516 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 3.2 gal.
- Footpegs: Sport-style serrated
- Color choices: Lime Green
- MSRP: $6,499