ATV sized to fit growing youth
KFX90 rear brake
Parents appreciate quality products that are
designed to fit the needs of their growing
youth. A wide stance, large tires, and full
floorboards allow the KFX90 to offer stable and
confidence-inspiring handling traits. Its
friendly performance and big-bike styling make
the KFX®90 ATV a smart choice for riders 12
years and older. At the core of the KFX90 is a
reliable and environmentally friendly
four-stroke air-cooled engine that provides
healthy mid-range performance with an
easy-to-use power delivery.
The KFX90 is also equipped with electric
starting, single-shock swingarm rear suspension,
A-arm front suspension, dual front drum and
single rear disc brakes, much like those found
on the larger KFX models.
Parents are sure to appreciate the added safety
offered by the KFX90’s keyed ignition switch
which prevents use without the key. Once they
hand over the key, parents can maintain control
over the KFX90’s use via the throttle limiting
screw and a CVT transmission speed limiter.
These allow the maximum speed to be preset to
match the rider’s ability while letting the
rider's confidence and skill levels increase in
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available
through Kawasaki dealers.
89cc air-cooled, OHC, four-stroke single
- Reliable 89cc air-cooled overhead-cam
- Produces user-friendly power that’s easily
managed by entry-level riders
- Electric push-button starting with kick-start
- Electrically-operated fuel enrichener
automatically opens fuel passage during cranking
for easy starting
- Equipped with an USFS-approved spark arrestor
- Continuously variable automatic transmission
- Centrifugal clutch on the transmission allows
engine braking under certain conditions for
added slowing power
- Chain drive
- Aggressive sport ATV design similar to larger
- Wide stance for stable handling
- Steel chassis for durability
- Full floorboards
- A-arm front suspension
- Swingarm rear suspension
- 3.9 in. ground clearance at the rear axle
- Maxxis tires - 18 X 7-8 front, 18 X 9-8 rear
- Two front drum brakes and a rear disc brake
for excellent stopping power
- All three brakes are activated by the
handlebar-mounted brake levers to simplify
Easy Parental Controls
- Keyed ignition switch prevents starting
without a key
- Throttle-limiting screw and a collar in the
CVT allows parents to limit throttle opening to
help new riders gain experience at slower speeds
Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke, single
Bore x stroke: 47.0 x 51.8mm
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
Carburetion: Mikuni PTE 16
Ignition: Solid state CDI
Transmission: Continuously Variable Automatic
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Double cradle, steel
Suspension front / wheel travel: Single A-arm
with twin shock absorbers / 2.8 in.
Suspension rear / wheel travel: Swingarm with
single shock absorber / 2.9 in.
Front tire: AT18x7-8tubeless
Rear tire: AT18x9-8 tubeless
Front brakes / rear brake: Dual mechanical drums
/ Hydraulic disc
Overall length: 56.1 in.
Overall width: 35.6 in.
Wheelbase: 38.0 in.
Ground clearance: At rear axle – 3.9 in.
Track Front/Rear: 26.8 / 26.0 in.
Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
Curb weight: 267 lbs.
Color choices: Lime Green
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp.,
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618