- The Special Edition with Black paint and
flame graphics mark this as one of the last
of the Banshees.
- Industry-exclusive Banshee’s awesome GP-motorcycle-derived
347cc two-stroke twin power plant places it
in a category all its own.
- Class-exclusive* close-ratio six-speed transmission
provides the right gear for everything from
hill climbing to wide-open desert storming.
- Rigid, lightweight frame design helps create
a class-dominating* power-to-weight superiority,
for sharp handling agility and unbeatable acceleration.
A wheelbase designed for hill-climbing performance.
- Low, 31.5-inch seat height creates a quick,
balanced steering response and excellent rider
- 347cc, liquid-cooled two-stroke twin, the
most powerful, fastest-accelerating two-stroke
engine ever in ATV-ing, makes Banshee a multi-time
winner of desert rallies and hill-climbing competitions
throughout the world.
- Twin 26mm Mikuni carburetors ensure seamlessly
potent acceleration and top-end power.
- Unique twin expansion chamber exhaust system
provides maximum engine flexibility and performance.
- Resin-type, reed-valve induction delivers
maximum horsepower output across the entire
- Oversized radiator with separate overflow
reservoir provides optimal cooling efficiency
for consistent performance in all conditions.
- Heavy-duty clutch features an extra sturdy
basket and plates to harness the Banshee’s horsepower
with maximum efficiency.
- CDI ignition system produces reliable, consistent
spark at all RPM levels for quick, seamless
throttle response across the entire powerband.
- Light, low and strong high-tensile steel
chassis ensures optimal power delivery in a
wide range of riding situations.
- Independent double wishbone front suspension
with preload-adjustable shocks provides 9.1
inches of wheel travel.
- Rigid, lightweight swingarm with a rising-rate,
link-type piggyback-reservoir single rear shock
adjustable for preload, compression and rebound
damping and 8.7 inches of travel permits a huge
range of fine-tuning to rider style and terrain
- Lightweight aluminum wheels further enhance
suspension performance by reducing unsprung
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front
and rear disc brakes help reel in all that incredible
Banshee speed with tremendous stopping power
even in wet conditions.
- High-performance 21 x 7-10 front and 20
x 10-9 rear tires with a specially designed
tread pattern deliver superb, class-leading
traction for great handling in a variety of
terrain and conditions.
- 5.3 inches of ground clearance overcomes
all sorts of obstacles.
- Heavy-duty front carry bar protects suspension
and engine from debris and damage.
- Raptor-style handlebars help lighten steering
while enhancing comfort.
- YFZ-style grips and handlebars add extra
performance and styling.
- Rugged, serrated footrests are extremely
durable and provide excellent grip and rider
- Tool-free airbox means easy air cleaner
- Large 3.2-gallon fuel tank equals less fill
ups and more fun for the rider.
- Multi-reflector dual 30-watt halogen headlights
and 5/21 watt tail/brake light maximize low-light
and nighttime visibility.
*Includes 350cc, two-stroke sport ATVs
$6,449 Special Edition (Black Metallic/Stardust Silver)
Available from July 2005
$6,199 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from July 2005
$6,199 (White/Silver) Available from July 2005
- Type: 347cc, 2-Stroke Twin, Liquid Cooled,
- Bore x Stroke: 64mm x 54mm
- Compression Ratio: 6.5:1
- Carburetion: Dual Mikuni 26mm
- Ignition: CDI
- Starting System: Kick
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual Clutch
- Drive Train: 2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain
- Suspension/Front: Independent Double Wishbone,
9.1” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Suspension/Rear: Swing Arm, 8.7” w/ Rebound,
Compression and Threaded Preload Adjustment
- Brakes/Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic Disc
- Tires/Front: AT21 x 7-10
- Tires/Rear: AT20 x 10-9
- L x W x H: 73.0” x 43.3” x 42.5”
- Seat Height: 31.5”
- Wheelbase: 50.4”
- Ground Clearance: 5.3”
- Fuel Capacity: 3.2 Gallons
- Dry Weight: 386 Lbs.
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights & 21/5W Brake light
- Warranty: 3 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)