- Kodiak 400 Automatic 4x4 has many of the
same great features as big brother Kodiak 450,
including four-wheel independent suspension,
in a lighter package powered by a fuel-efficient
- Fully automatic Ultramatic™ transmission
is the most advanced drive system in ATV-ing.
An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant
belt tension for reduced belt wear and Front/Rear-wheel
downhill engine braking.
- On-Command™ In/Out 4WD feature lets you
switch between 2WD and 4WD with the simple push
of a button.
- 10.8” inches of ground clearance and high-impact
plastic skid plate improve maneuverability and
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel
suspension features double wishbone suspension
front and rear with five-way preload-adjustable
shocks for maximum control and comfort over
- Liquid-cooled, 401cc, SOHC, four-stroke
single is the best-performing engine in its
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor
and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver incredible
throttle response and engine performance at
- Pushbutton electric starting backed up by
auxiliary recoil starter.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design
provides superior power characteristics, exhaust
sound and durability.
- Left side–mounted F/N/R shift lever keeps
throttle hand free while shifting.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides
maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned
high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45° cylinder
angle for maximum ground clearance and lower
seat height for quick, responsive steering and
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper
engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Fully sealed drive case keeps out water
and debris to minimize belt slippage.
- Specially designed drive system air intake
vent prevents overheating and keeps water and
mud from entering drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- Lightweight CAD-designed chassis features
outstanding durability with superior rigidity
for class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning
radius combine for increased comfort and incredible
maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Low seat height creates enhanced handling.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension
features a double wishbone suspension front
and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches
of travel, respectively, with 5-way preload-adjustable
shocks to ensure maximum tire contact—and comfort.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front
disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power
in a variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint
for greater durability and more efficient power
transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- 25 x 8-12 front and 25 x 10-12 rear tires,
further boost ground clearance while reducing
unsprung weight for lighter, more responsive
steering and handling.
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and
CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot
covers and won’t dent or rust.
- Available in four colors including Realtree
Hardwoods® High Definition Camouflage for true
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable
wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo
capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
- Standard, center-mounted trailer hitch can
hook up over 1100 pounds of payload.
- Large-capacity, four-gallon fuel tank has
a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
- Recessed, water-resistant, automotive-type
DC power outlet handles wide range of accessories.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat
storage box provides added convenience.
- Speedometer with tripmeter adds greater
versatility and allows rider to keep track of
engine maintenance intervals.
- Plush, specially designed seat widely contoured
for incomparable rider comfort.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep
rider’s feet dry and feature serrated footpegs
for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner
guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Maintenance-free 18-amp-hour battery provides
reliable, cold-weather starting power.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical
components ensure maximum protection from the
- Dual, bright multi-reflector 30-watt halogen
bulb headlights with high and low beams.
- Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
*Includes four-stroke, 300-400cc 4x4 models
$6,149 Hunter (Hardwoods HD Camo) Available from July 2005
$5,799 (Hunter Green) Available from July 2005
$5,799 (Steel Blue) Available from July 2005
$5,799 (Red) Available from July 2005
- Type: 401cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid Cooled
w/ Fan, SOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5mm x 71.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC – CDI
- Starting System: Electric w/ Auxiliary Pull
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-Belt
with Forward, Neut., Rev., Park
- Engine Braking: Front & Rear Wheel
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® push button
2WD, 4WD ; Shaft
- Suspension/Front: Independent Double Wishbone,
6.3” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Suspension/Rear: Independent Double Wishbone,
7.1” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Brakes/Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic Disc
- Tires/Front: AT25 x 8-12
- Tires/Rear: AT25 x 10-12
- L x W x H: 78.5” x 43.0” x 44.1”
- Seat Height: 32.7”
- Wheelbase: 48.5”
- Turning Radius: 118"
- Ground Clearance: 10.8”
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 Gallons
- Dry Weight: 578 Lbs.
- Rack Capacity: 88 Lbs.Fr. / 176 Lbs.Rr.
- Towing Capacity: 1,102 Lbs.
- Instrumentation: Speedometer / Odometer
& Fuel Gauge
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights & 21/5W Brake light
- DC Outlet: Standard
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)