- The Kodiak 450 Outdoorsman Editions have
a deluxe gun scabbard, front brush guard, rear
rack extension, a rear rack bag and come in
Realtree Hardwoods® Camo or Hunter Green.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic™
transmission is the most advanced drive system
in ATV-ing. An automatic centrifugal clutch
maintains constant belt tension for reduced
belt wear and class-exclusive all-wheel downhill
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command™
In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD,
limited-slip 4WD and class-exclusive fully locked
differential 4WD—all with the simple push of
a button. Override button allows engine to make
maximum RPM in full Diff-Lock mode.
- Class-exclusive fully independent long-travel
four-wheel suspension features double wishbone
suspension front and rear with five-way preload-adjustable
shocks for maximum control and comfort over
- 10.8” inches of ground clearance and high-impact
plastic skid plate improve maneuverability and
- Trick digital instrument panel boasts a
multi-function LCD display with speedometer,
odometer, dual tripmeters, hour meter, 4WD status,
transmission position and clock.
- Liquid-cooled 421cc SOHC four-stroke single
is rugged and powerful.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor
and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic
throttle response and engine performance at
- Pushbutton electric starting backed up by
auxiliary recoil starter.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design
provides superior power characteristics, exhaust
sound and durability.
- Left side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever
keeps throttle-hand free while shifting.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides
maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned
high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45° cylinder
angle for maximum ground clearance and lower
seat height for quick, responsive steering and
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper
engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Fully sealed drive case keeps out water
and debris to minimize belt slippage.
- Hand-operated side cover drain keeps belt
dry and free from mud and debris.
- Specially designed drive system air intake
vent prevents overheating and keeps water and
mud from entering drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- Lightweight chassis features outstanding
durability with superior rigidity for class-leading
agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning
radius combine for increased comfort and incredible
maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension
features a double wishbone suspension front
and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches
of travel, respectively, with five-way preload-adjustable
shocks to ensure maximum tire contact—and comfort.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front
and solid rear disc brakes deliver tremendous
stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint
for greater durability and more efficient power
transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Low seat height creates enhanced handling.
- 25 x 8-12 front and 25 x 10-12 rear tires,
further boost ground clearance and reduce unsprung
weight for lighter, more responsive steering
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and
CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot
covers and won’t dent or rust.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable
wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo
capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
- Standard center-mounted trailer hitch can
hook up over 1100 pounds of payload.
- Available in four colors including Realtree
Hardwoods® High Definition Camouflage for true
- Large-capacity, four-gallon fuel tank has
a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
- Recessed, water-resistant, automotive-type
DC power outlet handles wide range of accessories.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat
storage box provides added convenience.
- Plush, specially designed seat is wide and
contoured for incomparable rider comfort.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep
rider’s feet dry and feature serrated footpegs
for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner
guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical
components ensure maximum protection from the
- Dual, bright multi-reflector 30-watt Krypton
bulb headlights with high and low beams; rear
- Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
$7,049 Outdoorsman Edition w/Kit (Hardwoods HD Camo) Available
from September 2005
$6,699 Outdoorsman Edition w/Kit (Hunter Green) Available
from September 2005
$6,649 Hunter (Hardwoods HD Camo) Available from July 2005
$6,299 (Hunter Green) Available from July 2005
$6,299 (Steel Blue) Available from July 2005
$6,299 (Red) Available from July 2005
- Type: 421cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid Cooled
w/ Fan, SOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5mm x 75mm
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC – CDI
- Starting System: Electric w/ Auxiliary Pull
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-Belt
- Engine Braking: All Wheel
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® push button
3-way locking differential, 2WD, 4WD, locked
- Suspension/Front: Independent Double Wishbone,
6.3” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Suspension/Rear: Independent Double Wishbone,
7.1” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Brakes/Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic Disc
- Tires/Front: AT25 x 8-12
- Tires/Rear: AT25 x 10-12
- L x W x H: 78.5” x 43.0” x 44.1”
- Seat Height: 32.7”
- Wheelbase: 48.5”
- Turning Radius: 118"
- Ground Clearance: 10.8”
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 Gallons
- Dry Weight: 591 Lbs.
- Rack Capacity: 88 Lbs.Fr. / 176 Lbs.Rr.
- Towing Capacity: 1,102 Lbs.
- Instrumentation: Digital LCD Multi-function
display. Speedo, Odometer, Dual Trip, Hour,
Clock, Gear Position, & Fuel Gauge
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights & 21/5W Brake light
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)