- 79cc of reliable, electric-start four-stroke
fun feed into a three-speed gearbox with automatic
clutch, making the Raptor 80 a great choice
for those getting started or moving up.
- Class-exclusive shaft drive is virtually
maintenance-free; no messing with chain adjustment
- Low 26.3-inch seat height for quick, balanced
steering and optimal rider comfort.
- Large, class-leading fuel capacity—1.8 gallons—increases
range, which means less fill-ups and more fun
out on the trail.
- Feisty 79cc air-cooled single puts out smooth,
reliable four-stroke power perfectly tuned to
the rider starting to hone his or her ATV skills.
- Adjustable throttle limiter allows a parent
or adult supervisor to match the engine’s power
output to the rider’s skill level, and an intake
restrictor plate can be removed as skill increases.
- Three-speed transmission with automatic
clutch ensures smooth shifting and lets the
entry-level rider focus on the trail by eliminating
a hand-operated clutch.
- Rugged muffler with USFS-approved spark
arrestor for quiet operation.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner helps reduce
the need for engine maintenance and extends
- Leading-arm front suspension with 2.2 inches
of travel smooths out the trail for a comfortable,
- Rear swingarm and a single rear shock with
2.2 inches of travel further enhance ride comfort
- Class-longest wheelbase at 40.6 inches helps
accommodate kids 12 and older; roomy ergonomics
mean they won’t outgrow this one too quick.
- 3.9 inches of ground clearance clears all
sorts of obstacles.
- Fully sealed front and rear drum brakes
keep out water and debris, providing strong,
reliable stopping power.
- Beefy 18 x 7-7 front and 18 x 8-7 rear knobby
tires offer excellent traction and help boost
- Raptor 700R-style bodywork turns this entry-level
machine into one wicked-looking ride.
- Raptor-style grips add comfort and look
- Wide, cushy seat and full-size handlebars
provide excellent all-day comfort and minimize
- Rugged, wide fenders with class-exclusive
rear mud flaps deliver outstanding mud and splash
protection to ensure a dry, comfortable ride.
- Handlebar-mounted parking brake.
$2,599 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from July 2005
$2,599 (White/Silver) Available from July 2005
- Type: 79cc, 4-Stroke Single, Air Cooled,
- Bore x Stroke: 47mm x 45.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni 16mm
- Ignition: CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: 3-Speed Automatic Clutch
- Drive Train: 2WD; Shaft
- Suspension/Front: Leading Arm, 2.3”
- Suspension/Rear: Swing Arm, 2.2”
- Brakes/Front: Dual Sealed Drum
- Brakes/Rear: Sealed Drum
- Tires/Front: AT18 x 7-7
- Tires/Rear: AT18 x 8-7
- L x W x H: 59.8” x 32.5” x 37.8”
- Seat Height: 25.6”
- Wheelbase: 40.6”
- Ground Clearance: 4.0”
- Fuel Capacity: 1.8 Gallons
- Dry Weight: 242 Lbs.
- Lighting: N/A
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)