New for 2006:
- Comfortable interior with automotive-type
controls: Steering wheel, left-side foot brake
pedal/right-side foot accelerator pedal, centermounted
console shifter and parking brake lever, turn-to-start
ignition switch, indicator lights and 12-volt
accessory outlet render the Rhino 450 totally
- Liquid-oil-cooled 421cc four-stroke engine
and light weight add up to great all-around
performance, excellent terrainability and great
- Industry-exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic™
transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and
reverse is the most advanced drive system available.
Maintaining constant belt tension reduces wear,
gives instant throttle response, and provides
industry-exclusive all-wheel downhill engine
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command™
In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD,
limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential
4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension:
Double-wishbones front and rear deliver 7.3
inches of wheel travel and five-way preload
adjustable shocks provide maximum tire contact
and comfort while navigating rough terrain.
- Thick bucket seats and that great, long-travel
suspension system work together to provide the
smoothest ride in the industry.
- Super-reliable overhead-cam 421cc liquid-cooled
engine produces abundant low-rev torque, fat
midrange, and serious top-end muscle.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps
into more pulling power in low and more performance
in high than any machine in its class.*
- Console-mounted dual-range (Hi/Lo/N/R) shift
- 33mm Mikuni BSR carburetor and high-output
DC-CDI ignition serve up great throttle response
and excellent fuel efficiency.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris,
and a hand-operated side cover drain lets out
what little gets in.
- Specially designed full stainless steel
exhaust system features aluminum heat shields
and a screen-type spark arrestor for superb
power characteristics with minimum noise output.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator and oil
cooler with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling
efficiency and is positioned high in the frame
for optimal protection.
- Specially designed drive system air intake
vent prevents overheating and keeps water and
mud from entering drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- CAD-designed steel frame is lightweight
and features outstanding durability with superior
rigidity for superb handling.
- Light, responsive rack and pinion steering
features a fully sealed steering column and
double U-jointed steering linkage for smooth
operation and class-leading turning radius—even
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front
disc brakes and shaft-mounted hydraulic rear
disc provide outstanding stopping power in a
variety of conditions.
- 12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum
underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features
gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff-lock
via the On-Command™ system. Direct rear shaft
drive eliminates the U-joint for greater durability
and more efficient power transfer at all RPM.
- Heavy-duty front guard and CV joint guards
protect against rock and debris damage.
- Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul
400 pounds of gear. Center-mounted two-inch
receiver trailer hitch comes standard and can
tow over 1200 pounds.
- Large, specially designed seats are extra
plush and supportive for all-day driver and
- Dual driver and passenger safety belts.
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton bulb
headlights with high/low beams feature stylishly
sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/21-watt tail/brake
- Large, 8.5-gallon fuel tank features a fuel
- Maintenance-free battery provides extra
starting power, even in cold weather.
*Includes side-by-side 4x4 models under 450cc.
$7,999 (Hunter Green) Available from October 2005
- Type: 421cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid/Oil
Cooled w/ Fan, SOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5mm x 75mm
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC – CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-Belt
- Engine Braking: All Wheel
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® push button
3-way locking differential, 2WD, 4WD, locked
- Suspension/Front: Independent Double Wishbone,
7.3” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Suspension/Rear: Independent Double Wishbone,
7.3” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Brakes/Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic Disc, Self Adjusting,
- Tires/Front: 25 x 8-12 NHS
- Tires/Rear: 25 x 10-12 NHS
- L x W x H: 113.6” x 54.4” x 73”
- Wheelbase: 75.2”
- Turning Radius: 153.5”
- Ground Clearance: 12.1”
- Fuel Capacity: 7.9 Gallons
- Dry Weight: 1,031 Lbs.
- Bed Capacity: 400 Lbs.
- Towing Capacity: 1,212 Lbs.
- Instrumentation: Fuel sight gauge, 4WD Indicator
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights & Dual 21/5W Brake light
- DC Outlet: Standard
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)