- These Rhinos have a molded top, a molded
cargo cover, overfenders, a front brush guard,
wind deflector, under hood storage and come
in Realtree Hardwoods® Camo or Hunter Green
— just the thing for getting off the beaten
- Comfortable interior with automotive-type
controls: Steering wheel, left-side foot brake
pedal/right-side foot accelerator pedal, center-mounted
console shifter and parking brake lever, turn-to-start
ignition switch, LCD gauge and 12-volt accessory
outlet render the Rhino totally user friendly.
- Liquid-/oil-cooled five-valve 660cc four-stroke
engine — the biggest and most advanced engine
ever used in a side-by-side — and light weight
add up to the best power-to-weight ratio of
any side-by-side model in the industry.
- Industry-exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic™
transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and
reverse is the most advanced drive system available.
Maintaining constant belt tension reduces wear,
gives instant throttle response, and provides
industry-exclusive all-wheel downhill engine
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command™
In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD,
limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential
4WD — all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension:
Double-wishbones front and rear deliver 7.3
inches of wheel travel and 12.1 inches of ground
clearance, and five-way preload-adjustable shocks
provide maximum tire contact and amazing comfort
while navigating rough terrain.
- Thick bucket seats and that great, long-travel
suspension system work together to provide the
smoothest ride in the industry.
New for 2006:
- New, stamped steel dump bed is rated to
haul 400 pounds of gear with a new latch that
opens from either side.
- New Maxxis tires offer great traction, longer
life and a comfortable ride.
- Patented five-valve cylinder head design
(same as on the ultra-rugged Grizzly 660) delivers
incomparable combination of potent low-rev torque
and right-now throttle response.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse, taps
into more pulling power in low and more performance
in high than any machine in its class.*
- Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris,
and a hand-operated side cover drain lets out
what little gets in.
- Specially designed full stainless steel
exhaust system features aluminum heat shields
and a screen-type spark arrestor for superb
power characteristics with minimum noise output.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator and oil
cooler with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling
efficiency and is positioned high in the frame
for optimal protection.
- 42mm Mikuni CV carburetor and high-output
DC-CDI ignition system ensure incredible throttle
response and engine performance.
- Specially designed drive system air intake
vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water
and mud from entering the drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- Steel frame is lightweight and features
outstanding durability with superior rigidity
for superb handling.
- Light, responsive rack and pinion steering
features a fully sealed steering column and
double U-jointed steering linkage for smooth
operation and class-leading turning radius —
even in 4WD.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front
disc brakes and shaft-mounted hydraulic rear
disc provide outstanding stopping power in a
variety of conditions.
- 12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum
underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features
gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff-lock
via the On-Command™ system. Direct rear shaft
drive eliminates the U-joint for greater durability
and more efficient power transfer at all RPM.
- Heavy-duty front guard and CV joint guards
protect against rock and debris damage.
- Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty two-inch
receiver-style hitch can tow over 1200 pounds.
- Operator and passenger safety belts.
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton bulb
headlights with high/low beams feature stylishly
sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/21-watt tail/brake
- Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank features a fuel
*Includes side-by-side 4x4 models.
$10,599 (Hardwoods HD Camo) Available from October 2005
$10,149 (Hunter Green) Available from October 2005
- Type: 660cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid/Oil
Cooled w/ Fan, 5-Valve SOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 100mm x 84mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.1:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni 42mm BSR
- Ignition: DC – CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-Belt
with all-wheel engine braking / High,Low,Neut.,Rev.
- Engine Braking: All Wheel
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® push button
3-way locking differential, 2WD, 4WD, locked
- Suspension/Front: Independent Double Wishbone,
7.3” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Suspension/Rear: Independent Double Wishbone,
7.3” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
- Brakes/Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic Disc, Self adjust
parking system, Shaft Mounted
- Tires/Front: 25 x 8-12 NHS
- Tires/Rear: 25 x 10-12 NHS
- L x W x H: 113.6” x 54.1” x 73.0”
- Wheelbase: 75.2”
- Turning Radius: 153.5”
- Ground Clearance: 12.1”
- Fuel Capacity: 7.9 Gallons
- Dry Weight: 1,049 Lbs.
- Bed Capacity: 400 Lbs.
- Towing Capacity: 1,212 Lbs.
- DC Outlet: Standard
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights & Dual 21/5W Brake light
- Instrumentation: Fuel sight gauge, 4WD Indicator
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)