The lightest, most powerful ATV
ever, winner of just about every magazine shootout
and 2004 GNCC and GNC Championships, is back and
even more unstoppable than before.
- In honor of our favorite multi-time GNCC
Champion, the Bill Ballance Edition YFZ450 gets
a front grab bar, side nerf bars and a special
graphics package that includes his signature.
- Most powerful, industry-exclusive, five-titanium-valve
engine and 350-pound dry weight give the YFZ450
the best power-to-weight ratio of any ATV ever
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile
steel frame with fully adjustable suspension.
- YFZ450 is also the best handling race-bred
ATV ever produced.
- The YFZ450 comes standard with pushbutton
electric starting, a convenient flip-type parking
brake and suspension calibrated for performance.
- A longer steering stem, new handlebars,
a thicker seat and longer-travel rear suspension
make riding hard not all that hard at all.
New for 2006:
more performance: a larger, more powerful, 449cc
engine, revised carburetion, head design and
ignition timing produce even more of an excellent
thing—and an increased-capacity radiator keeps
- New, titanium heat shield is super light
- New larger-capacity radiator is optimally
mounted in the frame to guard against damage.
- More comfort: a longer steering stem, new
handlebars and a thicker seat make the YFZ450
nice to ride for a long time.
- Longer travel out back means an excellent
ride and handling.
- Aluminum grab bars are light and strong.
- New, eccentric chain adjuster mechanism
simplifies that job, and a new, twin-piston
rear brake caliper provides strong, controllable
- New tires provide excellent traction, handling
and ride quality.
- New LED taillight is bright,
tough and draws less
449cc, five-valve, DOHC, four-stroke with titanium
valves features 95mm bore and 63.4mm stroke
for massive power with high over-rev capacity
and crisp, linear throttle response.
- Reliable, pushbutton electric start in any
gear adds extra convenience.
- High performance 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide
carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS)
delivers ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and crisp
- Additional weight-saving engine features
include: magnesium cylinder head cover and right
side crankcase cover; small-design cam chain
tensioner and oil pump; aluminum oil hose; and
light CDI ignition unit.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features
oversize barrel adjuster for easy, no tool adjustability
of lever/cable play.
- Dry sump engine carries oil in an aluminum
tank directly in front of the engine for excellent
cooling and optimal protection from rocks or
- DC ignition system delivers ultra-precise
spark and 3D timing for faster, stronger engine
response during hard acceleration.
- High-performance stainless steel exhaust
header is mated to a USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type five-speed
transmission and heavy-duty clutch deliver all
that power to the rear tires with maximum efficiency.
- Large capacity airbox features no-tool access
to the oiled dual foam filter for easy maintenance.
- Ignition coil is integrated into the spark
plug cap; extremely light and compact.
- Independent aluminum upper A-arm front suspension
features fully adjustable competition-spec Kayaba
piggyback shocks with 9.1 inches of travel and
separate adjusters for preload, rebound and
- New rear suspension system is YZ linkage-type,
controlled by a fully adjustable Showa shock
with 10.6 inches of travel and separate adjusters
for preload, rebound and compression damping.
cast aluminum swingarm reduces weight and ensures
optimal suspension action.
- Numerous aluminum components—including the
swingarm, upper A-arms, oil tank and wheels—help
keep overall dry weight down to a paltry 350
- Controlled Fill cast aluminum subframe is
light and super-strong
- Lightweight front and rear master cylinders,
combined with twin 160mm front discs with twin-piston
calipers and single 200mm rear disc, deliver
incredible stopping power with progressive control
- New high-performance 21 x 7R-10 front and
20 x 10R-9 rear Dunlop radials, designed specifically
for the YFZ450, deliver superb, class-leading
- Long, low and narrow YZ-style seat enhances
the quick, balanced steering and optimal rider
- Rugged 45mm-wide serrated footrests provide
excellent grip and rider comfort.
- Large-capacity, 2.6 gallon fuel tank ensures
- Dual 30-watt multireflector halogen headlights
set back in the front cowl add the perfect menacing
appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brake
light for added convenience.
- Easy-to-use, toggle link-type handlebar-mounted
parking brake can be set with one hand.
- MSRP:* $7,449
Bill Ballance Edition w/Kit (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available
from September 2005
$6,999 (Team Yamaha Blue) Available from July 2005
$6,999 (White/Silver) Available from July 2005
- Type: 449cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid Cooled
w/ Fan, Titanium 5-Valve DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 95mm x 63.4mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
- Carburetion: Keihin 39mm FCR w/ Throttle
- Ignition: DC - CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Clutch
- Drive Train: 2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain, Cam
Independent Double Wishbone, 9.1” w/ Rebound,
Compression and Threaded Preload Adjustment
- Suspension/Rear: Cast Aluminum Swing Arm,
10.6” w/ Rebound, Compression and Threaded Preload
- Brakes/Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston
- Tires/Front: AT21 x 7-10 Radial
- Tires/Rear: AT20 x 10-9 Radial
- L x W x H: 72.4” x 46.1” x 42.9”
- Seat Height: 31.9"
- Wheelbase: 50.4”
- Ground Clearance: 4.4”
- Fuel Capacity: 2.6 Gallons
- Dry Weight: 350 Lbs.
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights & 21/5W Brake light
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)