2007 Grizzly 400 Automatic 4X4
Grizzly 400 Auto Blue
Grizzly 400 Auto Camo
Grizzly 400 Auto Green
Grizzly 400 Auto Red
* New, independent rear suspension for
excellent terrainability and all-day
* Grizzly 400 Automatic 4x4 has many of the
same great features as big brother Grizzly
450, including four-wheel independent
suspension, in a lighter package powered by
a fuel-efficient liquid-cooled engine.
* Fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission
is the most advanced drive system in ATVing.
An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains
constant belt tension for reduced belt wear
and front/rear-wheel downhill engine
* On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you
switch between 2WD and 4WD with the simple
push of a button.
* 10.8 inches of ground clearance and
high-impact plastic skid plate improve
maneuverability and undercarriage
* Fully independent long-travel four-wheel
suspension features double-wishbone
suspension front and rear with five-way
preload-adjustable shocks for maximum
control and comfort over rough terrain.
* 401cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke
single is the best-performing engine in its
class (Includes four-stroke, 350-401cc 4x4
* Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor
and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver
incredible throttle response and engine
performance at all RPM.
* Pushbutton electric starting backed up by
auxiliary recoil starter.
* Stainless steel muffler and header design
provides superior power characteristics,
exhaust sound and durability.
* Left side–mounted F/N/R shift lever keeps
throttle hand free while shifting.
* Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides
maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned
high in frame for optimal protection.
* Compact engine design features a 45-degree
cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance
and lower seat height for quick, responsive
steering and agility.
* Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and
rubber-damper engine mounts reduce
* Fully sealed drive case keeps out water
and debris to minimize belt slippage.
* Specially designed drive system air intake
vent prevents overheating and keeps water
and mud from entering drive case.
* Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
* Lightweight CAD-designed chassis
features outstanding durability with
superior rigidity for class-leading agility
* Light steering and a class-leading turning
radius combine for increased comfort and
incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
* Low seat height creates enhanced handling.
* Fully independent four-wheel suspension
features a double-wishbone suspension front
and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1
inches of travel, respectively, with
five-way preload-adjustable shocks to ensure
maximum tire contact—and comfort.
* Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front
disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping
power in a variety of conditions.
* Direct front shaft drive eliminates
U-joint for greater durability and more
efficient power transfer when engaged in
* Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and
CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot
covers and won’t dent or rust.
* Steel cargo racks with special,
extra-durable wrinkle paint finish feature a
combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88
front, 176 rear).
* Standard, center-mounted trailer hitch can
hook up over 1100 pounds of payload.
* Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a
built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock
* Recessed, water-resistant, automotive-type
DC power outlet handles wide range of
* Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat
storage box provides added convenience.
* Speedometer with tripmeter adds greater
versatility and allows rider to keep track
of engine maintenance intervals.
* Plush, specially designed seat widely
contoured for incomparable rider comfort.
* Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep
rider’s feet dry and feature serrated
footpegs for extra grip in wet conditions.
* Large front and rear fenders with inner
guards offer excellent mud/splash
* Maintenance-free 18-amp-hour battery
provides reliable, cold-weather starting
* Easy-access, underseat marine-spec
electrical components ensure maximum
protection from the elements.
* Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt
halogen bulb headlights with high and low
* Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
Engine Type – 401cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid
Cooled w/ Fan, SOHC
Bore x Stroke – 84.5mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ratio –10.5:1
Carburetion – Mikuni 33mm BSR
Ignition – DC – CDI
Starting System – Electric w/ Auxiliary Pull
Transmission – Yamaha Ultramatic V-Belt /
Engine Braking – Fr. & Rr. Wheel
Drive Train – Yamaha On-Command push button
2WD, 4WD ; Shaft
Suspension/ Front – Independent Double
Wishbone, 6.3” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment.
Suspension/ Rear – Independent Double Wishbone,
7.1” w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
Brakes/ Front – Dual Hydraulic Disc
Brake/ Rear – Hydraulic Disc
Tires/ Front – AT25x8-12
Tires/ Rear – AT25x10-12
LxWxH – 78.5”x43.0”x44.1”
Seat Height – 32.7”
Wheel Base – 48.5”
Turning Radius – 118”
Ground Clearance – 10.8”
Fuel Capacity – 4.0 Gallons
Dry Weight – 578 Lbs
Rack Capacity – 88 Lbs.Fr. / 176 Lbs. Rr.
Towing Capacity – 1,102 Lbs.
Instrumentation – Speedometer / Odometer &
Lighting – Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights & 21/5W Brake light