YFZ 450 Gray
YFZ 450 Blue
* The lightest, most powerful ATV ever,
winner of just about every magazine
shootout, 2004/ 2005 GNCC and Quadcross
Championships, 2005/2006 World Four-Stroke
Champion and ATV Illustrated's Sport ATV of
the Year (a tie with our own Raptor 700R).
* Most powerful, industry-exclusive,
five-titanium-valve engine and 350-pound dry
weight give the YFZ450 the best
power-to-weight ratio of any ATV ever
* Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile
steel frame with fully adjustable suspension
means YFZ450 is also the best handling race
bred ATV ever produced.
* The YFZ450 comes standard with pushbutton
electric starting, a convenient flip-type
parking brake and suspension calibrated for
New for 2007:
* New, ProTaper aluminum handlebar is
light, strong and comfortable.
* New front brake master cylinder and lever
gives excellent feel and feedback.
* New, drilled rear brake disc reduces
unsprung weight and offers excellent feel
* A new internal oil jet aimed at the piston
bottom keeps things cool and well
* An improved clutch offers consistent
operation and big-time strength.
* 449cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke
with five titanium valves features 95mm bore
and 63.4mm stroke for massive power with
high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear
* Large-capacity radiator is optimally
mounted in the frame to guard against
* Reliable, pushbutton electric start in any
gear adds extra convenience.
* High performance 39mm Keihin FCR
flat-slide carburetor with throttle position
sensor (TPS) delivers ultra-precise fuel/air
mixing and crisp throttle response.
* Additional weight-saving engine features
include: magnesium cylinder head cover and
right side crankcase cover; small-design cam
chain tensioner and oil pump; aluminum oil
hose; and light CDI ignition unit.
* Trick, works-style clutch lever features
oversize barrel adjuster for easy, no tool
adjustability of lever/cable play.
* Dry sump engine carries oil in an aluminum
tank directly in front of the engine for
excellent cooling and optimal protection
from rocks or mud.
* DC ignition system delivers ultra-precise
spark and 3D timing for faster, stronger
engine response during hard acceleration.
* High-performance stainless steel exhaust
header is mated to a USFS-approved spark
* Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type
five-speed transmission and heavy-duty
clutch deliver all that power to the rear
tires with maximum efficiency.
* Large capacity airbox features no-tool
access to the oiled dual foam filter for
* Ignition coil is integrated into the spark
plug cap; extremely light and compact.
* Independent aluminum upper A-arm front
suspension features fully adjustable
competition-spec Kayaba piggyback shocks
with 9.1 inches of travel and separate
adjusters for preload, rebound and
* New rear suspension system is YZ
linkage-type, controlled by a fully
adjustable Showa shock with 10.6 inches of
travel and separate adjusters for preload,
rebound and compression damping.
* Ultra-rigid cast aluminum swingarm reduces
weight and ensures optimal suspension
* Titanium heat shield is super light and
* Long travel out back means an excellent
ride and handling.
* Eccentric chain adjuster mechanism
simplifies that job, and a twin-piston rear
brake caliper provides strong, controllable
* Numerous aluminum componentsincluding the
swingarm, upper A-arms, oil tank, grab bars
and wheelshelp keep overall dry weight down
to a paltry 350 pounds.
* Controlled Fill cast aluminum subframe is
light and super-strong.
* Lightweight front and rear master
cylinders, combined with twin 161mm front
discs with twin-piston calipers and single
200mm rear disc, deliver incredible stopping
power with progressive control and feel.
* High-performance 21x7R-10 front and
20x10R-9 rear Dunlop radials, designed
specifically for the YFZ450, deliver superb,
* Long, low and narrow YZ-style seat
enhances the quick, balanced steering and
optimal rider movement.
* Rugged 45mm-wide serrated footrests
provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
* Large-capacity, 2.6 gallon fuel tank
ensures excellent range.
* Dual 30-watt multireflector halogen
headlights set back in the front cowl add
the perfect menacing appearance. LED
taillight is tough, draws less current and
has an incorporated brake light for added
* Easy-to-use, toggle link-type
handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set
with one hand
Engine Type 449cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid
Cooled w/ Fan, Titanium 5-Valve DOHC
Bore x Stroke 95mm x 63.4mm
Compression Ratio 11.4:1
Carburetion Keihin 39mm FCR w/ Throttle
Ignition DC - CDI
Starting System Electric
Transmission 5-Speed Manual Clutch
Drive Train 2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain,
Suspension/ Front Independent Double
Wishbone, 9.1 w/ Piggy back Rebound,
Compression and Threaded Preload Adjustment.
Suspension/ Rear Cast Aluminum Swing Arm,
10.6 w/ Rebound, Compression and Threaded
Brakes/ Front Dual Ventilated Hydraulic
Disc , Twin Piston
Brake/ Rear Ventilated Hydraulic Disc, Twin
Tires/ Front AT21x7-10 Radial
Tires/ Rear AT20x10-9 Radial
Seat Height 31.9
Wheel Base 50.4
Ground Clearance 4.4
Fuel Capacity 2.6 Gal
Dry Weight 350 Lbs
Lighting Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights and 3.9/0.5W LED Brake light