2007 YFZ450 Special Editions (SE, Bill
YFZ 450 Bill Ballance
YFZ 450 SE Black
YFZ 450 SE White
* The YFZ450 Special Edition with
hi/lo-speed adjustable piggyback shocks now
comes with all-black with red flames graphic
package or hot flaming graphics.
* Front and rear piggyback shocks adjust for
high- and low-speed compression damping—as
well as rebound damping and spring preload.
* The lightest, most powerful ATV ever,
winner of just about every magazine
shootout, 2005 GNCC and Quadcross
Championships, and ATV Illustrated's Sport
ATV of the Year (a tie with our own Raptor
* Most powerful industry-exclusive
five-titanium-valve engine and 350-pound dry
weight give the YFZ450 the best
power-to-weight ratio of any ATV ever
* Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile
steel frame with fully adjustable suspension
means YFZ450 is also the best handling race
bred ATV ever produced.
* The YFZ450 comes standard with pushbutton
electric starting, a convenient flip-type
parking brake and suspension calibrated for
New for 2007:
* Front and rear piggyback shocks adjust
for high- and low-speed compression
damping—as well as rebound damping and
* New, ProTaper aluminum handlebar is light,
strong and comfortable.
* New front brake master cylinder and lever
gives excellent feel and feedback.
* New, drilled rear brake disc reduces
unsprung weight and offers excellent feel
* A new internal oil jet aimed at the piston
bottom keeps things cool and well
* An improved clutch offers consistent
operation and big-time strength.
* 449cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke
with five titanium valves features 95mm bore
and 63.4mm stroke for massive power with
high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear
* Large-capacity radiator is optimally
mounted in the frame to guard against
* Reliable, pushbutton electric start in any
gear adds extra convenience.
* High performance 39mm Keihin FCR
flat-slide carburetor with throttle position
sensor (TPS) delivers ultra-precise fuel/air
mixing and crisp throttle response.
* Additional weight-saving engine features
include: magnesium cylinder head cover and
right side crankcase cover; small-design cam
chain tensioner and oil pump; aluminum oil
hose; and light CDI ignition unit.
* Trick, works-style clutch lever features
oversize barrel adjuster for easy, no tool
adjustability of lever/cable play.
* Dry-sump engine carries oil in an aluminum
tank directly in front of the engine for
excellent cooling and optimal protection
from rocks or mud.
* DC ignition system delivers ultra-precise
spark and 3D timing for faster, stronger
engine response during hard acceleration.
* High-performance stainless steel exhaust
header is mated to a USFS-approved spark
* Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type
five-speed transmission and heavy-duty
clutch deliver all that power to the rear
tires with maximum efficiency.
* Large capacity airbox features no-tool
access to the oiled dual foam filter for
* Ignition coil is integrated into the spark
plug cap; extremely light and compact.
* Independent aluminum upper A-arm front
suspension features fully adjustable
competition-spec Kayaba piggyback shocks
with 9.1 inches of travel and separate
adjusters for preload, rebound and
* New rear suspension system is YZ
linkage-type, controlled by a fully
adjustable Showa shock with 10.6 inches of
travel and separate adjusters for preload,
rebound and compression damping.
* Ultra-rigid cast aluminum swingarm reduces
weight and ensures optimal suspension
* Titanium heat shield is super light and
* Long travel out back means an excellent
ride and handling.
* Controlled Fill cast aluminum subframe is
light and super-strong.
* Eccentric chain adjuster mechanism
simplifies that job, and a twin-piston rear
brake caliper provides strong, controllable
* Numerous aluminum components—including the
swingarm, upper A-arms, oil tank, grab bars
and wheels—help keep overall dry weight down
to a paltry 350 pounds.
* Lightweight front and rear master
cylinders, combined with twin 161mm front
discs with twin-piston calipers and single
200mm rear disc, deliver incredible stopping
power with progressive control and feel.
* High-performance 21x7R-10 front and
20x10R-9 rear Dunlop radials, designed
specifically for the YFZ450, deliver superb,
* Long, low and narrow YZ-style seat
enhances the quick, balanced steering and
optimal rider movement.
* Rugged 45mm-wide serrated footrests
provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
* Large-capacity, 2.6 gallon fuel tank
ensures excellent range.
* Dual 30-watt multireflector halogen
headlights set back in the front cowl add
the perfect menacing appearance. LED
taillight is tough, draws less current and
has an incorporated brake light for added
* Easy-to-use, toggle link-type
handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set
with one hand
Engine Type – 449cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid
Cooled w/ Fan, Titanium 5-Valve DOHC
Bore x Stroke – 95mm x 63.4mm
Compression Ratio – 11.4:1
Carburetion – Keihin 39mm FCR w/ Throttle
Ignition – DC - CDI
Starting System – Electric
Transmission – 5-Speed Manual Clutch
Drive Train –2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain,
Suspension/ Front – Independent Double
Wishbone, 9.1” w/ Piggy Back High/Low Speed
Compression, Rebound and Threaded Preload
Suspension/ Rear – Cast Aluminum Swing Arm,
10.6” w/ Piggy Back High/Low Speed Compression,
Rebound and Threaded Preload Adjustment.
Brakes/ Front – Dual Ventilated Hydraulic
Disc , Twin Piston
Brake/ Rear – Ventilated Hydraulic Disc, Twin
Tires/ Front – AT21x7-10 Radial
Tires/ Rear – AT20x10-9 Radial
LxWxH – 72.4”x46.1”x42.9”
Seat Height – 31.9”
Wheel Base – 50.4”
Ground Clearance – 4.4”
Fuel Capacity – 2.6 Gal
Dry Weight – 350 Lbs
Lighting – Dual 30W Krypton Multi-reflector
Headlights and 3.9/0.5W LED Brake light