2008 Big Bear 250
A full-sized shifter ATV that's light on its
feet and even lighter on the pocketbook.
Big Bear 250 Blue
Big Bear 250 Green
- Tough Grizzly-style bodywork with integrated
ﬂoorboards keeps the trail where it belongs for
long-lasting good looks.
- Class-longest wheelbase and a big thick seat
atop a full-size chassis mean transporting big
loads and big people is not a problem.
- Torquey, powerful and fuel-efﬁcient engine
working through a ﬁve-speed automatic-clutch
gearbox provides more than enough power to get
just about any mission accomplished.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc
brakes and a fully sealed rear drum provide sure
stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- Wrinkle ﬁnish front carry bar and cargo racks
are super-durable and can pack a class-leading
total of 165 pounds (66 front, 99 rear) of
- Standard trailer hitch can haul nearly 730
pounds of payload.
- Smooth, torquey 230cc air-cooled SOHC
four-stroke single produces superb low- and
midrange power for both utility and recreational
- Easy, pushbutton electric starting in any gear
is backed up by an auxiliary recoil starter.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission with
automatic clutch, easy-to-reach reverse lever
and super-low stump-pulling first gear.
- DC-CDI ignition system ensures dependable
starting and puts out consistent spark at all
rpm for optimal engine performance.
- 33mm Mikuni BSR carburetor ensures great
throttle response and engine performance.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine
maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- Full-size chassis design provides ample space
and all-day comfort for a variety of riders.
- Lightweight chassis setup combines low-effort
steering with a tight turning radius for sharp,
responsive handling in a wide range of
- Class-longest wheelbase, at 46.1 inches, creates
ample legroom to further enhance rider comfort.
- McPherson strut front suspension serves up 4.9
inches of wheel travel.
- Sturdy steel swingarm uses a single rear shock
producing 5.3 inches of wheel travel and
five-way preload adjustment.
- 5.9 inches of ground clearance and a smooth
undercarriage thwart most trail obstacles.
- Full-size 22x7-10 front and 22x10-10 rear tires
boost ground clearance and provide great
traction and terrainability.
- Reliable, low-maintenance shaft drive.
- Heavy-duty front carry bar, skid plate and
bodywork enhance overall durability by
protecting against rock and debris damage.
- Two-step powder-coating process used on frame
creates a flawless finish and helps protect
further against nature’s harshest elements.
- Rugged fenders are extra wide, for
outstanding mud and splash protection.
- Specially designed, thickly padded seat is wide
and contoured for incomparable rider comfort.
- Rugged, serrated footrests and full floorboards
provide excellent grip and rider comfort with
- Easy-to-use, handlebar-mounted choke and parking
- Rear brake light.
- Dual 30-watt Krypton multi-reflector headlights
help maximize low-light and nighttime
- Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
- Type 230cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled single; SOHC
- Bore x Stroke 71.0mm x 58.0mm
- Compression Ratio 8.7:1
- Carburetion Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition DC - CDI
- Starting System Electric w/auxiliary pull
- Transmission 5-speed w/reverse; automatic clutch
- Engine Braking Rear wheel
- Drive Train 2WD; shaft drive
- Suspension/Front McPherson strut, 4.9-in
- Suspension/Rear Swingarm; 5-way preload
adjustment, 5.3-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic discs
- Brakes/Rear Fully sealed drum
- Tire/Front AT22x7-10
- Tire/Rear AT22x10-10
- L x W x H 75.4 x 40.9 x 44.0 in
- Seat Height 30.7 in
- Wheelbase 46.1 in
- Turning Radius 114 in
- Ground Clearance 5.9 in
- Fuel Capacity 3.2 gal
- Dry Weight 456 lb
- Rack Capacity 66 lb Fr./99 lb Rr.
- Towing Capacity 728 lb
- Instrumentation None
- Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
MSRP* $3,499 (Steel Blue) Available from
$3,499 (Hunter Green) Available from September