2008 Big Bear 400 IRS 4x4
Reliable and rugged for riders who prefer
shifting, now with ITP MudLite tires, IRS and
sealed wet brake.
Big Bear 400 IRS 4x4 Blue
Big Bear 400 IRS 4x4 Camo
Big Bear 400 IRS 4x4 Green
Big Bear 400 IRS 4x4 Red
- Potent, 386cc air-/oil-cooled, SOHC
four-stroke single delivers reliable,
class-leading low-end and midrange power to
tackle the hardest chores and toughest trails.
- Independent rear suspension for excellent
terrainability and all-day comfort.
- Class-exclusive, pushbutton On-Command® with
Diff Lock makes switching from 2WD to 4WD to 4WD
Diff Lock a snap.
- Constant-mesh five-speed transmission with
automatic clutch, reverse and super-low
stump-pulling first gear means this is one
- Sealed wet brake out back provides long-lasting,
consistent stopping power in even the harshest
- Full floorboards and high ground clearance keep
the rider high and as dry as possible.
- Number-one-selling aftermarket ITP Mud Lite
tires make the Big Bear 400 an excellent mud
- Pushbutton electric starting in any gear is
backed up by an auxiliary recoil starter.
- Simple yet powerful 386cc air-/oil-cooled,
SOHC engine inhales through a heated, semi-oval
slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor for seamless
throttle response and excellent all-weather
- DC-CDI ignition system ensures dependable
starting and puts out consistent spark at all
rpm for optimal engine performance.
- Large-capacity oil cooler with cooling fan helps
maximize engine efficiency, even under heavy
- Stainless steel muffler and header provide
superior power characteristics, exhaust sound
and unmatched durability.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine
maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- Special, compact frame design uses fewer
components to reduce weight and provide lighter
steering, a tighter turning radius and superior
- Class-leading turning radius provides maximum
maneuverability on tight trails and while
working with heavy equipment.
- Independent rear suspension makes this one
super-comfortable, while it makes even more
- High-tech sealed wet brake provides consistent,
long-lasting braking performance in hostile
- On-Command drive selection with Diff Lock lets
you access full power from 4WD locked.
Low seat height creates enhanced handling.
- Plenty of ground clearance means superb
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension
with five-way preload-adjustable shocks and 5.8
inches of travel.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc
brakes and a sealed rear wet brake provide
plenty of stopping power in a variety of
- Reliable, low-maintenance front and rear shaft
- Huge 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear ITP Mud
Lite tires further boost ground clearance while
providing great handling and traction.
- Specially designed A-arms with removable ball
joints ensure smooth operation and outstanding
- Wrinkle-finish cargo racks are super-durable
and can pack a class-leading total of 264 pounds
(88 front, 176 rear) of payload.
- Speedometer with odometer/tripmeter adds greater
versatility and allows rider to keep track of
engine maintenance intervals.
- Standard, center-mounted trailer hitch can hook
up over 900 pounds of payload.
- Full floorboards, lots of ground clearance and a
high-mount air intake are ready for mud.
- ITP Mud Lite tires serve up amazing traction.
- Flat-style handlebars help lighten steering
effort and deliver greater rider comfort.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner splash
guards offer excellent mud and splash
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat
storage box provides added convenience.
- Heavy-duty, full-coverage A-arm and CV joint
boot protectors help prevent damage to boot
- Specially designed, thickly padded seat is
widely contoured for incomparable rider comfort.
- Mud-/water-resistant automotive-type DC power
outlet powers a wide range of accessories.
- Rugged, serrated footrests provide excellent
grip and rider comfort with superb durability.
- Maintenance-free 18-amp-hour battery provides
extra starting power.
- Underseat marine-spec electrical components
ensure maximum protection from the elements and
- Bright multi-reflector 30-watt headlights
feature wide positioning to maximize low-light
and nighttime visibility.
- Easy-to-use, handlebar-mounted parking brake and
- Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
- Type 386cc, 4-stroke, air-/oil-cooled single;
- Bore x Stroke 83.0mm x 71.5mm
- Compression Ratio 8.6:1
- Carburetion Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition DC-CDI
- Starting System Electric w/auxiliary pull
- Transmission 5-speed w/reverse; automatic
clutch; front- and rear-wheel engine braking
- Engine Braking Front and rear wheel
- Drive Train Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way
locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD;
- Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone;
5-way preload adjustment, 5.8-in travel
- Suspension/Rear Independent double wishbone;
5-way preload adjustment, 7.6-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic discs
- Brakes/Rear Sealed wet brake
- Tires/Front AT25x8-12 ITP Mud Lite
- Tires/Rear AT25x10-12 ITP Mud Lite
- L x W x H 79.4 x 43.9 x 46.7 in
- Seat Height 35.2 in
- Wheelbase 48.4 in
- Turning Radius 126 in
- Ground Clearance 10.5 in
- Fuel Capacity 4.0 gal
- Dry Weight 593 lbs
- Rack Capacity 88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.
- Towing Capacity 904 lb
- Instrumentation Speedometer, odometer & fuel
- Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector
headlights & 21/5W brakelight
MSRP* $5,699 (Steel Blue) Available from June
$5,699 (Hunter Green) Available from June 2007
$5,699 (Red) Available from June 2007
$6,049 (Realtree® AP HD™ Camouflage) Available
from August 2007